Thread: I walked out of BB&B during a shift. I'm done...

I walked out of BB&B during a shift. I'm done...

with being treated very badly. I've been documenting all the incidents that have gone one including being told why my clothes are too big because it looks like I'm hiding something (accusations of stealing perhaps???) and not being trusted (again, accusing me of stealing perhaps) at customer service, a job that I worked at for 4 years. All of a sudden they don't trust me?

I went back to my register absolutely fuming, getting a knot in my stomach. I kept mulling it around in my mind for 2 more hours, is my mental health worth a stinking $38 every 2 weeks? Oh hell no!!! I finally resigned stating medical reasons. I'm going to my doctor on Wednesday and getting another note to send to Corporate along with a letter of everything that went on.

I've had stellar reviews (okay so my attendance wasn't that great, but I had legitimate reasons). They stated that I knew the procedures well, had great customer service abilities and was always on time, and would come in when someone called out.

I have a worker's comp claim when I slipped on a piece of toulle (bridal veil) hitting my tailbone on the concrete. It's never been the same.

I was treated very badly and am not taking this laying down.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good for you!! Some jobs aren't worth it. I am glad to hear you are standing up for yourself.

When you are ready, I hope you find something more suited to you. Maybe part-time cat-sitting?

HUGS to you, and rest up and get lots of purr therapy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

UGH!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was at my job 8 years. about 2 years before I quit, our department got a new "team leader" and she was having me written up every week. She had a temp going through all the files from the past year and getting me in trouble for mistakes THAT A TEMP was finding that were a year old. HELLO no one churns out PERFECT work... On one of my last write ups I had to tell my manager I had enough... in EIGHT YEARS I had NEVER been written up and all of a sudden this lady was having me written up all the time... It was so frustrating!!!! I was thrilled when I was able to leave that job!!! It wasn't worth it anymore!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

I hear ya on that one! I worked at a large pet store one summer and was clawed by an upset kitty (not her fault at ALL, I would have left her alone if it weren't for the manager insisting I clean her cage IMMEDIATELY even though the kitty hadn't made a mess). I didn't think much of it but of course the head boss had a complete fit and made me go to urgent care and file workmans comp paperwork. I started to get write ups and complaints right afterwards and then I was fired. I was planning on quitting anyhow so I really didn't bother to persue the issue (I didn't work there very long either)

Good luck! *hugs* I hope something better comes along!

I agree that the stress this is creating for you just isn't worth it. I hope you'll be able to find a more suitable job for you. Good luck.

I'm hoping my pet sitting will pick up now that summer's coming. In the meantime, I just don't know if I or my health can take another job in retail.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

That's awfully suspicious; two cases of worker's comp claims followed by being harassed? Too bad these big corps can afford better lawyers than you or me.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    That's awfully suspicious; two cases of worker's comp claims followed by being harassed? Too bad these big corps can afford better lawyers than you or me.
    Most WC attorneys take these things on a contingency. A retaliatory claim would be wonderful to most attorneys. Donna, do you have an attorney?

Cataholic, do you mind if I PM you? I have an issue involving my job too *sighs* what is it with people lately?

Johanna,

No, I don't have a lawyer. I'm going to call my friend who is a DA. He might be able to recommend someone.

FW...PM me, I can always try to help! And it was only by chance I saw your post. Always feel free to PM me!

Retail jobs are never easy.

I worked Hills Department Store and then it turned into Ames Dept. Store and I worked there for about 5 years. I knew every department and I was a really hard worker, I did furniture carryouts which now I know why my back is killing me more these days maybe due to all those carryouts but I had no idea at that time that I had a back issue.

Anyway, I worked register, customer service, electronics, layaway, jewerly, floor, fitting rooms, you name it I did it except become a manager.

It did teach me a lot about people and how rude they can be but there were also some wonderful customers that would come in and you'd love to see them. Plus I made a lot of friends at that job. I remember the worst part of that job was Sundays, because if we didn't get it stock man would the customers complain.

I'm glad you put your health first that's always important.

Take care,
    Melissa

Ya know, the customers are actually nicer than some of the management at BB&B.

I've got a # for a lawyer referral service and will be calling them AFTER I see my shrink this morning.