Thread: Bizarre Birth

Bizarre Birth

Two weeks ago, the cat of a friend of mine gave birth to two kittens...one very large and one very small. Sadly, both were stillborn. Then, a week LATER...my friend comes home from church to find that her cat gave birth to ANOTHER kitten! Just born, alive and healthy! Needless to say, she named the kitten Miracle. But she was just stunned. Has anyone ever heard of that happening before? Seven days between deliveries????

As kittens in a litter can have more than one father, perhaps this kitten was a week behind in conception and development? Still, it's a Miracle kitten to be sure!
    I've Been Frosted

No, I've never heard of this happening before. I too agree that it's a miracle. I have been told that there really aren't any runts in a litter because the smallest kitten is just the last one to be conceived. As Karen said, they can all have different fathers.

Thats wonderful news!!!
    After losing her first Two Kittens, Our Lord sends along a new Kitten as a gift!!!
    That indeed is a Miracle, and we pray that we can see photos of theCat Of the Future who is such a blessing.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I haven't heard of it happening with kitties, but I heard a story on the radio recently about some human twins born a week apart
    Too many pets? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of that happening before? Seven days between deliveries????
    Hey there. What a neat story!

It is not considered abnormal for a queen to deliver healthy kittens 1 to 3 or so days apart. However, a week is definitely unusual! My guess would be that the stillborn kittens affected the delivery of this last kitten, Miracle.

I hope your friend is able to spay Momma Kitty.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Yes, Kater....a spay is definitely in the plans. Miracle is doing well, according to her human mommy. From what I've researched online, it's rare but not unheard of to have kitten births several days apart because of different fathers and separate placental sacs. A week is a bit much though...so, this baby is indeed a miracle.

Yes I have heard of this before.. It is very rare.. Yes the conception was later than the others.. For sure this baby is a Miracle.. Cant wait to get to see the pics.. Post pics when you can of baby Miracle..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>