Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What makes a dog bite?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    No it wasn't to you it was about King, I dont even know if thats her user name anymore.

Letting him go on a pee pad isn't something I would consider letting him get away with, I mean like eating off your plate while you are eating and letting him. That kind of getting away with things.

Oh good! I know we've had our differences but I actually went through my posts from years ago looking for something that would warrant that. The last one I found, I was actually defending you. I was totally confused. Sorry about that.

So, about the puppy pad stuff, I would not intentionally train the other dogs to do that. To me, letting him pee on it, is getting away with stuff, but I see what you mean. Basically, I let him do his biting in the morning, because it's almost like it's not him in his body. He gets a blank stare almost like he doesn't know where he is. It wears off in no longer than 10 min. I ONLY do positive reinforcement with him because of his past, so there really isn't a way to correct it. If this was a bigger issue and he bit a lot, then I would have to yell or make loud noises to correct it.

Also, BC, I don't know you personally, but sometimes I think your advice is genuine, but maybe the way it's delivered is the problem. I can't tell you how many IM or text fights my husband and I get into because tone doesn't transfer through text. When we call each other or get home we laugh because we were actually agreeing!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

2. Or rather simply put;

opinions are like buttholes. everyone has one.

as for the present topic of WHAT MAKES A DOG BITE i really have no clue. i guess it depends on the dog an the situation/s.
    but glad to hear it wasnt a very serious bite none of the less. *hugs*

Somehow I find this funny, but I'm sitting downstairs reading through posts and I can hear my hubby upstairs in bed with Walter calming him down cause he's having a freak out. It happens, and I think he’s entitled to do so!

Here's the thing, you can't say it's not ok to put Walter down cause of his puppy mill horror, but it is ok for another dog. They ALL have reasons for what they do and we can't possibly know why.

Unless a dog is a SERIOUS threat to a human, then just simply PTS is not an option. On a much lesser note, it's like saying my car broke down once, have it crushed. I mean seriously, they are not objects they are not just things! They have feelings, emotions, good and bad days.

And again, I get that a lot of people on here have 'their' breeds. If you are thinking about buying from a pet store, PLEASE remember what I've said about Walter. His life was APPALLING. If you love your breed, go to a rescue (who usually have puppies) or to a breeder that truly wants to better the breed and did the appropriate genetic testing. If all else fails, come to ME! Give me a couple months and I WILL find the dog for you within a 50 mile radius. I try not to preach, but awareness is the only way. You will love a rescue pup just as much!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Who knew that a little chomp from a pooch could turn into so much craziness??
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    Who knew that a little chomp from a pooch could turn into so much craziness??
    Hehe who knew??

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*