Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Court Fight waged over brain damaged moms tripplets

Court Fight waged over brain damaged moms tripplets

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/22/...its/index.html

Something about this whole thing seems fishy to me. Again I'm sure we aren't getting the whole story. I feel very sorry for the poor children.

I just saw this. Both sides seem to be fighting for her money and its disgusting. The Dad is suing for child support the mom looks decked out in expensive close from the million dollar law suit...the whole thing has an icky feel to it.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I didn't see anything sinister in this at all, but maybe I'm missing something. All I saw was a man and his wife caring for their disabled daughter, and wanting the grandchildren to be able to be part of her life. Granted, at this point, considering their age, it could probably be very traumatic for them, but I don't see where a webcam could hurt. At least they can see her, and when they are older and can somewhat understand her condition, that it won't be a shock to them.
    And as far as the father of the children wanting child support - I'm out on that verdict. I guess I would have to know what he does for a living before I would say he should get anything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I actually believe that the younger the children are when they are exposed to their mother's condition, the easier it is going to be for them. Young kids take everything is stride, provided it is handled well by the adults. If they meet her now, she will just be mom to them as they grow up. They longer everyone waits the harder it is going to be on them.

As for child support ... I don't know. If the dad is making a good living, and it is going to take all of the settlement money to care for the mom, then I think he should let it alone. However, if her parents are milking any of that money for themselves, and he is an average working-class guy with three kids to care for, I can certainly see where is would be wanting that money for his kids, not his wife's parents. Too little info to make an educated call.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I feel sorry for the children too. I think they should be allowed to visit their mother even if their father remarries. Between the husband and the grandparents I don't think there's an easy resolution to where the money goes. The mother needs care for her brain injury but there will be ongoing expenses for the children too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes it is Sad anyway you look at it..
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I feel sorry for the children too. I think they should be allowed to visit their mother even if their father remarries. Between the husband and the grandparents I don't think there's an easy resolution to where the money goes. The mother needs care for her brain injury but there will be ongoing expenses for the children too.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The whole thing is very sad but I see no reason why the maternal grandparents and the mother can't have contact with the triplets. They make it sound like the mother abused her kids when in fact she almost gave her life giving birth to them. Nobody will ever be able to say for sure to what extent the mother feels or understands. There is no reason to keep her kids away from her, kids learn to adapt at a very young age and as they get older they will resent being kept away from her.
    Something smells fishy about the whole scenario, for one thing the father wanting money to help raise his kids....what would he be doing if his wife hadn't gotten that money and went home as a whole person with the triplets...what does he do for a living is my question.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Had his wife lived I guess he wouldn't need day care but to me if he wants her money but the kids can't see Mom its just wrong.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Had his wife lived I guess he wouldn't need day care but to me if he wants her money but the kids can't see Mom its just wrong.
    Totally agree with you on that one.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Oh my gosh are you kidding me? The mom is a veggie salad. The kids do not need to see or be exposed to a veggie. She is incapable of giving them any love, attention, support.................
    Yes I feel sorry for her, but it's over, the cards have been dealt. Now the husbend and the kids need to forge ahead and make a normal life for themselves and grandma and grandpa should put daughter in a nursing home and get on with their lives.
    If that was me I would not want my children to dwell on what has happened to me, I would want them to go ahead and enjoy their lives to the fullest. Life is for the living and is to be enjoyed.
    I have told all of my kids, if I stroke out enjoy life, every precious second and don't fret about me. My time has passed, it's ok to be happy and do your thing.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    Oh my gosh are you kidding me? The mom is a veggie salad. The kids do not need to see or be exposed to a veggie. She is incapable of giving them any love, attention, support.................
    Yes I feel sorry for her, but it's over, the cards have been dealt. Now the husbend and the kids need to forge ahead and make a normal life for themselves and grandma and grandpa should put daughter in a nursing home and get on with their lives.
    If that was me I would not want my children to dwell on what has happened to me, I would want them to go ahead and enjoy their lives to the fullest. Life is for the living and is to be enjoyed.
    I have told all of my kids, if I stroke out enjoy life, every precious second and don't fret about me. My time has passed, it's ok to be happy and do your thing.
    OMG - I can't believe you have posted what you have!

I found this post to be very cruel and cold...... Veggie salad???

How do you know what this woman is capable of?? Are you part of her rehab team??? Have you personally seen and evaluated her???

And it seems as tho the husband has already forged ahead - he divorced his wife afterall.

And perhaps YOU should tell grandma and grandpa to put their daughter in a nursing home and get on with their lives. Hellooooooooooooo - but I think you missed something - their daughter IS their life, and they are doing what they WANT and feel they NEED to do for her. Perhaps "some people" would put her away so that she is out of sight/out of mind, but I don't believe any parent that loves their child and has the ability to give/assist in the needed care, would ever resort to such measures.

And the little ones - they should most definitely have a relationship with their mother, no matter how limited and/or one sided that it may be. IMO - there are very few instances in which a child should not have contact with a parent, and this woman's condition isn't one of them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

It's heartbreaking. IMO the children should be allowed to visit their mother with proper supervision. One day they are going to know of her existence and want to know about their mother. If they are kept from her then their father will have some awkward questions to answer.

Why does everything have to come down to money?

Yes it is all so sad & heartbreaking for both parties.. I do aggree the children should have the right to see & know about their mother.. I mean she birthed them & it costed her of freedom..

Pawsitive Thinking == it all comes down to money due to Greed & more Greed.. Greed is a nightmare from Hellll that somepeople just have not learned how to control before it takes control over somepeople.. Its Life & Life goes on & on & on..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    It's heartbreaking. IMO the children should be allowed to visit their mother with proper supervision. One day they are going to know of her existence and want to know about their mother. If they are kept from her then their father will have some awkward questions to answer.

Why does everything have to come down to money?

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    OMG - I can't believe you have posted what you have!

I found this post to be very cruel and cold...... Veggie salad???
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.

I have been frosted!

I ussally dont post anything negative about what people post.. BUTTTT Marigold2 I find this/your post very COLD & UpSetting.. I happened to have a mother that was as you call them a Veggie Salad & I still took care of her & LOVED her.. She was my Mother.. You dont just stop loving someone just because they can not mobile normally.. This woman risked her life giving these babies their life.. So why should she & the kids not be able to see each other.. And if I were her parents I would be doing the same & caring for my daughter.. It is their right.. Give me a break on How Cold You Are.. I know you sound tough now = but we will see if this is to happen to you.. Ok I will get off of my soap box now.. Thank You All for Your Out Look On This Story..
    Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post