Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on the breed?

Any ideas on the breed?

i have a 4month old female puppy...i know she is a mix breed..her mom is shepard and something else..the dad no idea..here are some pics. to me she looks like a blue tick or mayb even a blue heeler...any help please

Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy the talks & pics..

Your puppy is so Cute & Sweet.. I would say by the markings a Blue Tick..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

She's a cute dog. She looks like she has some kind of terrier in her to me though, but I'm not sure.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Possibly a little Jack Russel Terrier??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'll vote for fox terrier. The black and white on the face reminds me of a foxy my friend used to have.

Just a guess, tho.

Blue tick?

If the mother is a shephard and "something else" and you don't know what the dad is, then you have plethora of possibilities. Very cute pup, but I don't even see the shephard in her, maybe the mother's "other" is coming through. And as far as the Blue Tick - lots of breeds have that color markings. My husband once had a Beagle that was Blue Ticked - and your pup reminds me a little of her pics. I would guess that you have some sort of hound in there. Long ears, sad eyes and the general markings. Very, very cute in any event.

I definatly see some Jack Russel in her how much does she weigh???? She sure is a cutie though!!!!

She looks a lot like my Pippi who is a Rat Terrier/Jack Russell mix, we think.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Bigger dog

I agree 4 Dog that the markings are similar, but I think this dog is going to a much bigger dog with longer legs.

sorry i forgot about this site till this morning when someone asked me about the breed of my dog "ONA" she is anywhere from 20lbs to 30lbs just guessing..the vet said she would most likely get to b 65lbs. she does act like a hound...always has her nose in the dirt sniffing and she has been training for some tracking and does very well for 5months

Perhaps foxhound/blue heeler mix?
    I've Been Frosted

Jack Russell... I don't think so. Her legs are too long, arent' they?
    She's cute! She looks like my friend Olivia!
    Check her out!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Perhaps foxhound/blue heeler mix?
    That's a really good possibility in my book - too big for any Jack Russel; the tail is a hound tail, too.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

may JRT and beagle???
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

my dog blue looks almost exactly like yours all his brothers and sisters looked like rottys (almost just like rotty puppies he was the only one out of the whole litter that looked like this) xcept him the only diff between your dog and mine is he diddnt have the eyebrows and he has a curled tail his ma was a solid white husky the guy i got him offa said his dad is ether a german sheperd or a jack ruslle hes prolly bout 6 months old and when i seen those pics of yours i thought it was him till i seen the eyebrows that is how much they look alike hes getting big so i doubt the jr is his dad cause the jr he said was his dad is really little but i could be wrong i know this is an old thread but ill post pics as soon as i find my camera ive been trying to find out which was his dad and this is the closest ive found to the way he looks ive owned a jr before and he acts just like the one i had so im really not to sure myself i hope i helped if your still looking at this thread