Thread: Newcomer

Newcomer

Hello its been a while, I have been mostly viewing the forums and leaving a few comments time to time. Recently I graduated and I had already spoke with my parents and it seems like they are okay with me getting another cat as long as I take care of it. So I have been looking for a cat that would fit well with out family. This guy has some special needs, he doesn't like change and can get pretty stressed out about it. So anti-diarrhea food is feed during times of stress. Not to mention he will be a very dominant kitty.

I only meet him a few times at the vets. My parents like this kitty because he is has his front claws removed, and low shedding. I like him because he is going to be vocal, and affectionate. I was kinda hoping for front claws to be removed even though I would have easily bought soft paws and kept the nails trimmed if not. With my parents they have a leather couch even though it ruined due to human scratches, I rather not be faced with having the claws removed. I personally don't like it. Oh he is neutered too.

I plan on keeping him isolated in my room and get some feliway. Chi our dog probably won't like not being able to meet and greet and if the cat feels comfortable after the first two days I can try a baby gate between the doors to allow the cat his space.

Oh I forgot they call him Sebastyan, but they call him "Bitters" which I will probably keep Sebastyan, and call him Bastyan for short.
    Last edited by Tora Oni; 04-22-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: adding name

....and the name is????

Welcome to the "newbie"!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

And a BIG WELCOME from the CREW
    You know that we will need a name and more pictures.
    GILL & Crew;

He is really cute!! Congrats!

I did the baby gate thing with Paizly and she would climb it and be out of the room. So we tried two gates, one on top of the other. Nope, she climbed that too! So be careful.

I can't wait to know his name and see more pictures of him. It sounds like he's not home with you quite yet. Perhaps a welcome home thread with pictures (and name)?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

A Huge Hello from everyone of us at the Found Cat Paradise Hotel.
    What a Big Handsome Friend you have there , is he a Birman or Himalayan
    No matter he will be a Great Big Cuddly Companion for years to come.
    Welcome to Pet Talk to You Both from The Found Hotel Cats ^^ Porch Cats ^^ Rescued Cats and All Of Our Awesome Companons Angels Army.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, I plan on video tapping any cute or interesting activities, taking some pictures too. I wish I had a web cam since I know I could use it to monitor him while I'm out. Its free software and I hear it works pretty good, some people use it to catch burglars. It also works for monitoring pets as it motion sensitive.

Sebastyan was posted on petfinder as a Siamese mix, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was mixed with one of the descendants of the Siamese breed. I went to look and see what Sebastian had historic ties to. There was a few things but mostly took note that Saint Sebastian was the most recognized, then I went to read an article about his paintings used for homo-erotic icon. Yep under Wiki for Saint Sebastian. lol
    Last edited by Tora Oni; 04-22-2010 at 12:34 AM.

He's gorgeous. Congrats!!! Hopefully he'll fit in well. Good luck.

Thanks everyone, I just brought him home a few hours ago, of course he is hidden under my bed. I have everything set out for him, cat tree, cat food, water, litterbox sitting opposite to side of the room. I also have a few cat toys, one I personally knitted myself. I also have Comfort Zone Feliway, plug in diffuser. I hope that he soon will come out of his shell, but I will give him due time to adjust.

Welcome from me too! What a handsome boy Sebastian is. I hope to hear more about him and see pictures.

A shame he has been declawed, but he has found a loving home now - and it sounds like you are doing all the right things.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

the link to his video I took on the first night, tonight second night. I felt kinda bad today...I had tried to let the dog and cat see each other through the baby gate, which Chi being barky Chi had to bark and growl at every sound or movement...cat ran under then bed eventually got both of them in within sight with a bird toy. One thing is it did cause him to have an aversion to the door, which was where the litter box was...came back he had pooped in a corner in my room. Now I moved my laundry basket next to the door and put the litter box near the back of the room, so it is close to the bed, his favorite hiding spot. Plus I made another pan of litter in case the one I'm using isn't deep enough. I'm glad that when I came home from work being second shifter I got to see my moving the pan to the back of the room used. He so very affectionate and he does funny things like putting his paws in all my shoes and sniffing them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...t=100_0817.flv

What a stunningly beautiful boy! What a dear little Snowshoe kitty!

Welcome home, Sebastian!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Welcome home, Sebastyan!!!!!

Take all the time you need to get used to your new surroundings and realize you are safe and loved now!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He sure is handsome and loves to play. Welcome home Sebastian!!!