Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could know one mystery, what would it be?

Did you see that movie "Dune" ??? A clever idea....folding space.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I know that currently, people believe FTL is not possible but I can't get myself to believe that. I am currently reading a book called "the science of Star Trek" and while it's written by William Shatner(who's a bit crazy, IMO), he talked to and visited many scientist, PhD's, astro-physicists, etc etc to complete it. ANYWAY, some of the people he asked have come up with possibilities of altering the space around said craft instead of going faster than the speed of light. If you did happen to go faster then the speed of light, say at warp speed just for instance, there are problems with it anyway such as Time Duration or even possible time travel (which still has no been proven). But Time Duration would be a big problem for warp speed that they would need to solve, so altering the space around would be an easier way to travel from galaxy to galaxy anyway - you'd obviously have to make a vessel that can accomplish this.

A physicist has actually come up with a theory for fast space travel. Using the 'Theory of General Relativity', which is a theory that shows how to distort space he created(well not created-yet) a ship pulls Space (literally space) closer as you fly through and causes you to go great distances very fast, just like warp speed. AND it eliminates time duration problems. Then once you went through the space, it re-expands. Of course, there's a problem - you need negative energy which might not even exist. SO, it is a possibility that we can achieve deep-space travel. I will always believe that, because I wanna be apart of such phenomenon. I hope some day a brilliant scientist will come along and do this for us

"I'm Back !!"

Why do bad things happen to good people?

(Why are people allowed to suffer? Why are there child abusers, murderers, and other people who do bad things? Why are kids getting killed because of gangs and guns? Why are so many people homeless and uninsured, while others have more of everything than they could possibly need in ten lifetimes?)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I would ask my mom if she was proud of me.

She always heaped praise on my brother, and longed for the affection of my 2 brothers who were raised by her ex's family... it is what it is. It's just something I'd like to know.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I would like to ask God why I am deaf. It is such a challenge sometimes and I get very fustrated sometimes.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

pomtzu
    I'd like to know if there is intelligent life far beyond our galaxy, if they have the ability to watch and evaluate us, and would they be friend or foe.
    I believe there is intelligent life out there some where. If they had the ability to watch and evaluate us then they would come to the conclusion that we are not worth wasting their time on. If they decided to visit after evaluating us then they would come ready for a war, because that would be all they would have seen in our past and present world.

If they came here because their planet was dieing then they would first rid this world of our sorry arses so the new world would be worth inhabiting.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    pomtzu

I believe there is intelligent life out there some where. If they had the ability to watch and evaluate us then they would come to the conclusion that we are not worth wasting their time on. If they decided to visit after evaluating us then they would come ready for a war, because that would be all they would have seen in our past and present world.

If they came here because their planet was dieing then they would first rid this world of our sorry arses so the new world would be worth inhabiting.
    They just might be worse warmongers than we are, and with far advanced weaponry than we could ever imagine!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Who my Dad was trying to call when he died.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Did you see that movie "Dune" ??? A clever idea....folding space.
    If you do fold space, you have to travel with that pilot all jacked up on melange....What if you get pulled over?

---------------

What a very interesting thread...it only gets better.