Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puzzle 497

G please!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'll take an R, please.

Karen, it seems that a new cloud is developing, so Danish airports are still closed. Looks like my sister and BIL will get an extra week or so in Thailand.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'll have to come back with the R's Randi!

In Eng-and it -as -e-- -o-d. -o-de- than I had e-e- -no-n. The -usto-s -en did a g-eat
    dea- o- hea--~handed -ha--ing a-out ho- -ou –o--e-s -ou-dn't -ea--- -a-- this a -inte-,
    ho ho, and -hat -e -ou-d -oo- -i-e i- the-e -ea--- -as a -inte-, ha- ha-, and so on. Thei-
    a--ents -e-e -a- -unnie- than thei- sense o- hu-ou-. The- a-- see-ed to ha-e ste--ed out
    o- the -eatu-e -ist o- an Ea-ing -o-ed- -o- the s-e-i-i- -u--ose o- un-a--ing ou- -uggage and
    -ha-ging us e-t-a -o- e-e--thing in it. -- o-n -uggage -onsisted -ain-- o- one -e-- -a-ge
    suit-ase -ade o- -o-- -eathe- ~ ie -ea- -a-d-oa-d. This -o--endiu- -as -o--ed into
    -otundit- -- a -a-ua--e -o--e-tion o- tennis sho-ts, -unning sho-ts, Ha-aiian shi-ts, T~shi-ts,
    Hong -ong thong -u--e- sanda-s, sho-t so--s, sandshoes and othe- a--a-e- e-ua---
    a---o--iate -o- an Eng-ish -inte-. The -usto-s o--i-e- si-ted th-ough the hea- t-i-e, the
    se-ond ti-e -oo-ing at -e instead o- at it, as i- -- -a-e -ou-d -et-a- the se--et o- the i--i-it
    -o-tunes to -e -ade -- s-ugg-ing unsuita--e --othing a--oss ha-- the -o--d.

-a--ing to-a-ds Eng-and ~--i-e -a-es

Letters remaining
    BC F JKLM PQR VWXYZ

Pinot's Mom E(96)+O(69)+G(28)=358
    Karen A(76)+S(54)=206
    Randi I(56)+ H(48)=160
    Lvpets2002 T(69)=69
    Asiel N(61)=61
    Kokopup U(30)+ D(35)=95

In Eng-and it -as -er- -o-d. -o-der than I had e-er -no-n. The -usto-s -en did a great
    dea- o- hea--~handed -ha--ing a-out ho- -ou –o--ers -ou-dn't rea--- -a-- this a -inter,
    ho ho, and -hat -e -ou-d -oo- -i-e i- there rea--- -as a -inter, har har, and so on. Their
    a--ents -ere -ar -unnier than their sense o- hu-our. The- a-- see-ed to ha-e ste--ed out
    o- the -eature -ist o- an Ea-ing -o-ed- -or the s-e-i-i- -ur-ose o- un-a--ing our -uggage and
    -harging us e-tra -or e-er-thing in it. -- o-n -uggage -onsisted -ain-- o- one -er- -arge
    suit-ase -ade o- -o-- -eather ~ ie rea- -ard-oard. This -o--endiu- -as -or-ed into
    rotundit- -- a -a-ua--e -o--e-tion o- tennis shorts, running shorts, Ha-aiian shirts, T~shirts,
    Hong -ong thong ru--er sanda-s, short so--s, sandshoes and other a--are- e-ua---
    a--ro-riate -or an Eng-ish -inter. The -usto-s o--i-er si-ted through the hea- t-i-e, the
    se-ond ti-e -oo-ing at -e instead o- at it, as i- -- -a-e -ou-d -etra- the se-ret o- the i--i-it
    -ortunes to -e -ade -- s-ugg-ing unsuita--e --othing a-ross ha-- the -or-d.

-a--ing to-ards Eng-and ~--i-e -a-es

Letters remaining
    BC F JKLM PQ VWXYZ

Pinot's Mom E(96)+O(69)+G(28)=358
    Karen A(76)+S(54)=206
    Randi I(56)+H(48)+ R(56)=216
    Lvpets2002 T(69)=69
    Asiel N(61)=61
    Kokopup U(30)+ D(35)=95

"L" please

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

c PLEASE
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

W please

​GO RAVENS!!

M please
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

In England it was -er- cold. Colder than I had e-er -nown. The customs men did a great
    deal o- hea--~handed cha--ing a-out how -ou co--ers couldn't reall- call this a winter,
    ho ho, and what we would loo- li-e i- there reall- was a winter, har har, and so on. Their
    accents were -ar -unnier than their sense o- humour. The- all seemed to ha-e ste--ed out
    o- the -eature list o- an Ealing comed- -or the s-eci-ic -ur-ose o- un-ac-ing our luggage and
    charging us e-tra -or e-er-thing in it. M- own luggage consisted mainl- o- one -er- large
    suitcase made o- moc- leather ~ ie real card-oard. This com-endium was -orced into
    rotundit- -- a -alua-le collection o- tennis shorts, running shorts, Hawaiian shirts, T~shirts,
    Hong -ong thong ru--er sandals, short soc-s, sandshoes and other a--arel e-uall-
    a--ro-riate -or an English winter. The customs o--icer si-ted through the hea- twice, the
    second time loo-ing at me instead o- at it, as i- m- -ace would -etra- the secret o- the illicit
    -ortunes to -e made -- smuggling unsuita-le clothing across hal- the world.

-alling towards England ~Cli-e -ames

Letters remaining
    B F JK PQ V XYZ

Pinot's Mom E(96)+O(69)+G(28)+ W(18)=376
    Karen A(76)+S(54)=206
    Lvpets2002 T(69)+ L(46)=115
    Asiel N(61)+M(18)=79
    Kokopup U(30)+ D(35)+C(33)=98

PM sent - and it better be right!! I'm actually not entirely sure about just one word....

​GO RAVENS!!

I am devasted to say it, after so much effort, but that word Pinot's Mom was not sure about was not right. So the puzzle goes on.

v, please.

Hi Freckles, 8 V's for you.

In England it was ver- cold. Colder than I had ever -nown. The customs men did a great
    deal o- heav-~handed cha--ing a-out how -ou co--ers couldn't reall- call this a winter,
    ho ho, and what we would loo- li-e i- there reall- was a winter, har har, and so on. Their
    accents were -ar -unnier than their sense o- humour. The- all seemed to have ste--ed out
    o- the -eature list o- an Ealing comed- -or the s-eci-ic -ur-ose o- un-ac-ing our luggage and
    charging us e-tra -or ever-thing in it. M- own luggage consisted mainl- o- one ver- large
    suitcase made o- moc- leather ~ ie real card-oard. This com-endium was -orced into
    rotundit- -- a valua-le collection o- tennis shorts, running shorts, Hawaiian shirts, T~shirts,
    Hong -ong thong ru--er sandals, short soc-s, sandshoes and other a--arel e-uall-
    a--ro-riate -or an English winter. The customs o--icer si-ted through the hea- twice, the
    second time loo-ing at me instead o- at it, as i- m- -ace would -etra- the secret o- the illicit
    -ortunes to -e made -- smuggling unsuita-le clothing across hal- the world.

-alling towards England ~Clive -ames

Letters remaining
    B F JK PQ XYZ

Pinot's Mom E(96)+O(69)+G(28)+ W(18)=376
    Karen A(76)+S(54)=206
    Lvpets2002 T(69)+ L(46)=115
    Asiel N(61)+M(18)=79
    Kokopup U(30)+ D(35)+C(33)+98
    Freckles V(8)=8

"Y" please

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

How frustrating, I almost got it, but there's one or two words I don't know.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.