Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Things that bug us

329)HAVING THE HICCUPPS

312) My hubby when he's sick...jeeeesh! You'd think he was FIVE!
    Amen, sister - mine too!

320) Those plastic tightly sealed packages were you can't open them without distroying the package, and ripping open your fingers. (Forget what they are called )
    The dreaded BLISTER PACKS! I hate those stupid things too! They make the product look great, but are a nightmare when you want to return the item!

How about 329: nice warm bread at restaurants served with rock hard, ice cold butter pats - trivial, but really annoying!

Hey Jen - try this for hiccups - it REALLY WORKS, even though I thought it wouldn't: Take a clean cotton swab (or a clean finger), and rub the spot where your soft and hard palate meet, at the top back of your throat. Don't go far enough back to gag, but rub the spot in the center where you should feel a ridge or bump. This quiets the nerve that causes the diaphragm to contract and cause hiccups. This has worked for me EVERY TIME!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

330. Sitting down at a lovely restaurant, and it being so cold and drafty that you continually have the goosebumps. ERrrgh.

331. People that stare at me on the bus because I have BIIIIG headphones.
    332. Men who father children and then ditch them!
    333. The truck drivers I work with! one in particular is SO disgusting I can't stand the sight of him!
    334. People that ride public transit and have bad personal hygiene! TAKE A SHOWER PLEASE!
    335. People that stand on the escalator and block the people that walk!
    336. My BF nagging me to learn to drive when I paid for the car myself, the car insurance, and for driving lessons, I will learn to parallel park and take my road test when I am darn good and ready!!
    337. PEOPLE TELLING ME HOW TO FEEL! ie. 'Oh take a chill pill' or the dreaded "Oh Relax" ARGH that doesn't make me relax, it just makes me MORE mad.
    338. Some of neighbours that either CRY or run across the street to get away from my dog!! he's a total sweetie!! GEEZ.
    339. IGNORANCE, the stuff I hear at work makes my BLOOD boil.
    340. Crackheads pestering me for money, I have a job, you should have one too!
    341. Weird scary people that ride transit but like, touch me and stuff, Where do they get the nerve?!?! Then they act all surprised when I tell them to back off.

I have TONS more pet peeves but i have to leave room for other people!

only people from Vancouver BC will understand THIS one

342. It's New WesmINSTER not New WestMINISTER! GET IT RIGHT!
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

Former User Guest
    343.) People who don't understand what 'no' means
    344.) People who are so busy trying to do good that they don't really understand that they are doing the opposite (applies to my mother-in-law)
    345.) Annoying junk mail everyday in the mailbox

oh yeah junk mail sucks! put a note on the box asking for "No Junk Mail"

quote: Lalania 331. People that stare at me on the bus because I have BIIIIG headphones.

Well you can be happy that you have BIIIIIG headphones - some are sooooooo small they are almost worthless...........

Someone who coughs or sneezes and doesn't cover their mouth.

I think we're at 347....

347) LAZY people
    348) When people don't do the things they say they will.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    349.) Two faced people
    350.) Back stabbing people, they say all the nice things infront of you, but stab in your back when the opportunity arrises...

hehe yes i love my biiiiiiiig headphones, they are like professional quality ones sorta...great sound! I am probably partly deaf from them hehehee

351. when some of my cats are fighting!

352. my house..when its a mess! and Im too tired to clean

353. People who put soooooooo strong perfume/colon on it gives you a headache and makes you dizzy. And the worst part is, they think they smell good! (Sorry but whenever people put very strong perfume on and I happen to smell it, I get so dizzy I feel like I'm going to fall). I hate it even more because my Muffin Birdie is allergic to perfumes/colons and whenever someone with perfum on goes near her, her eyes get red and swollen and watery, and she starts sneezing. Sometimes if its too strong, her eyes get so swollen that they half-close.

354. Rough driving

Originally posted by popcornbird
    353. People who put soooooooo strong perfume/colon on it gives you a headache and makes you dizzy. And the worst part is, they think they smell good! (Sorry but whenever people put very strong perfume on and I happen to smell it, I get so dizzy I feel like I'm going to fall).
    THANK YOU

355. Having a numb mouth after going to the dentist. Geesh! I can't even take a drink of water without drooling!
    356. When the dogs insist on barking at nothing for hours!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets