Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Things that bug us

ARRRRGGG! I now see there is a thred about the 2002 things we like...thanks for not making me look stupid and pointing it out, I prefer to come to that realization myself...he he he

Thank you, All Creatures Great and Small, thank you. I used to work in customer service and I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to be the impatient customer, but after working the other side, it turned me around. I still don't enjoy waiting in 45 minute lines at Walmart, but I do realize that that clerk is harried from waiting on every customer before me. You said it just great!

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

139. People that have expensive cars that take up TWO parking spots.
    NM -- remembering your comment gave me a laugh this morning, thanks! We don't have assigned parking here, but people typically park in pretty much the same place all the time. I've 'picked out' a spot I like to park and recently another coworker has taken to parking there before me, so I park as close to it as I can. Can you believe it, he managed (somehow) to block 5 (five!) parking spaces this morning. It was almost creative. Once I got over freaking about it, I thought of your post and started laughing. There is no accounting for some people, is there?

228. Cruelty - to people and to animals.

229. People who abandon their responsibilities.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

230. This has to be my absolute #1 bug. When my husband calls me to tell me he will be home at 5:00 (or whatever time). At 7:30, he's still not home, and he hasn't called. When he finally does call, its "Sorry this took longer than it should." I don't panic as much now that we have a cell phone, but doesn't he realize that I worry???

231.Eating a good meal, then waking up the next morning with heartburn!
    232.Angus crying when he gets up.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

233. MY JOB

My parents own a group home for the mentally handicapped which I help out with. We have this one resident who is suddenly acting out; i.e. getting up at 4:30 in the morning to eat anything she can get her hands on and drink everything in the fridge (we've had to lock up the fridge and kitchen cabinets and sometimes I get up at 3:00 to try and head her off), drinking out of the bathroom sink because we will not let her drink more than 2 glasses in a 30 minute timeframe, sitting on the furniture and peeing on herself (even worse through the Depends we have had to start buying her) because she won't get up to go to the bathroom, eating toothpaste and anything else she can get her hands on (thank god toothpaste, mouthwash, and liquid soap is all that is in there, and pushing me when I stand in front of her to keep her out of stuff (in the half hour it took me to write this I've been elbowed at least 5 times in the stomach trying to push me out of the way)
    I love helping out and our other three residents are great (two of them have been here since Grandma was running it 15 years ago.) but that one is driving me crazy!!!!!
    Ok my venting is over now!
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Well, God bless you for having the patience and kindness to work with her - not everyone is cut out for that type of work. I fear the day when my mom will have to go into a home, but I know I couldn't deal with her on a day to day basis.

Can I post another thing that bugs me? RUDE DRIVERS! And to my astonishment, I just told one off today, which is so not like me. I was waiting in the median of a really busy street around lunchtime in a shopping district that is notorious for heavy traffic. A guy on my right wanted to make a left turn, but since I was in the middle of the median he couldn't see past me and my annoying minivan. He called me a "stupid b**ch" and gave me the finger. Once I got across the road, I said to my daughter, I am going to go back and talk to him. I went back to the parking lot where he was mailing a letter, and as he hopped back into his car, I pulled up right smack alongside him. He looked really surprised, and then angry, and said "yes, I called you a b**ch" before I even rolled down the window. I said why did you call me a b**ch? You don't even know me, you don't know anything about me! He said you were blocking the road (I wasn't, because he made his stupid turn), and I said well, how was I supposed to get across the street if not in the median? He said "and you came back here to confront me about it? I'm late for lunch". So, being the mature, rational adult I am, I gave HIM the finger and drove off. GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! But I'm glad I said something for once. What a putz.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

All Creatures Great And Small - be careful you never know about what someone will do like that with road rage on the rise. I sometimes want to yell at somebody but don't dare anymore. People get upset with me sometimes cause I tend to be over careful - I don't care if they are in that much of a hurry they should have left earlier instead of ranting and raving on the road.

Andie - That is wonderful that your parents can do that! It is not for everyone that is for sure. Please have patience with these people and try not to get upset with them. It is a very ungrateful job sometimes I am sure and never ending. The people living at the home (which is their home now) didn't choice to be that way. If it gets to be too much please take a break from work. Its great to be able to vent here!

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    ...Can I post another thing that bugs me? RUDE DRIVERS! And to my astonishment, I just told one off today, which is so not like me... What a putz.
    OMG! I'm so glad that he didn't try anything, but I can totally understand. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Really, why are so many people so awful? It's so sad that a person's life is so miserable that they have to hate everything else in the world and not respect anyone. To me, it's not worth it. If I'm running late...I'm running late. I don't feel it necessary to endanger myself and others on the road. Oops! Am I supposed to be thinking about others on the road?? Nobody on our roads seem to think about anyone but themselves
    I did notice that people on the roads seemed a bit nicer after 9/11, but they are now back to their horrible selves. It's so sad. I'm still amazed at how many awful drivers are on the road. Tailgaters are bad, but people who recklessly weave in and out while speeding at the same time (this is when the traffic is actually moving) really make me angry. Honestly...what's that all about? What's so important that they have to drive like an a**hole and make our roads so awful and dangerous?

Ok, sorry...bad drivers are just about the worst thing I encounter on a day to day basis during my 2 hour commute. I've seen it all, and it's the one thing that can really ruin a day...

234. Cigarette butts left as litter
    235. Buying a drink and getting it in a glass with the remnants of someone else's red lipstick around the rim - ewwwwww!
    236. People who don't keep their cars tuned and blow huge plumes of smoke wherever they drive
    237. People who have their mobile phone rings set on the loudest volume that almost damages the ears of everyone for miles
    238. People who backstab instead of dealing with things face-to-face
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I know I am opening myself up here...but, I wanted to ask ...why is it so bothesome that someone talks on a cell phone in public? I do it- yes, it is true- and to me it seems like the other people are getting a benefit...they only have to listen to half of the silly conversation. Now, I do not do it while speaking to a cashier, and I don't act like a fool (really loud talking, acting sooo cool, etc.). But, I never understood the problem with it..It is ok to walk and talk with a friend, right? So, where does the problem begin? I am just curious...

Since you brought that up (you might be asking for trouble ! LOL) My husband always complains about people talking and driving for sure but it also bugs him when people are walking around talking. And I don't know why - I guess I never pay any attention when people talk on their cell phones. But I do sometimes chuckle when people get in a store and call someone right off and you can tell its not about shopping.

Yeah, I just don't see the difference between talking on a cell, or talking to your friend- again assuming one is not acting like a 'behind' about it. My "rationale" is that I like to multi task...and talking while doing something else is a bonus for me. I am guilty of talking while in the car, also. Of course, I am going to say that it doesn't distract me..but I am sure that it does, to a point, just like the radio, the weather, the seatmate, the child in the back seat..I am sure you see my point.

I am sure I will suffer the consequences of asking the question, but I will respect other's opinions...

239. People who judge other people right away without asking the rationale behind things.

240. People who are cruel to animals.

241. Our weather this year..... its like rain, sunny, rain, sunny....and it goes on forever.

242. People who doesn't care about the feelings of others, better put, selfish people.

243. People who don't wanna admit that they are wrong when in fact they are wrong.

~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

244. Kids faking sickness to stay home from school

Ok I have to explain. I know everyone has faked to stay home, I've done it, but at least act like you're sick all day. My little cousin does this about once a month. She'll go to school pretend that she's sick come home lay around for a hour or so then get up and start playing and acting perfectly fine (she's not even trying to pretend she's sick) Because she's my aunt's lil princess (and believe me she!) I can't carry her lil butt back up to that school. She called her mom and told her I was taking her back to school. So I was yelled at and told "Stop being mean to that baby". UGH!
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.