Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Things that bug us

191.Going to the grocery store
    192.When you are at the grocery & people won't get out of your way.
    193.Huney tearing up Roxey's treat ball (baaaaad girl!)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

194. When I press "on/off" on the alarm when I really wanted to press "snooz" and get to work an hour late. (Like today...)
    195. Fighting off a cold.
    196. The cashiers at our local PetSmart...why are there only two??
    197. People that are WAY to liberal with their kids.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

198-People who let the eyes of their pets "goop" up until they are red with soreness
    199-A dog that won't stop barking (come on, even a dog lover can't love that)
    200-My cats when they bathe so loudly they sound like niagra falls
    201-People who wear too much perfume
    202-Stores that play the music too loud (I walk out)
    203-reckless drivers
    204-screaming kids
    205-people who allow their pets hair to mat to the point that you can't even feel skin
    206-having to work late

and eveything every one else said (I have a lot of hate, don't I?)

207 people who are cruel to pit bulls and other animals
    208 people who pull out in front of you in traffic
    In 2 words I can describe myself ... I'M CRAZY

209. bad doggies that chew up the car when you leave them for only a few minutes.

210. Working HARD for a company ... never calling in sick..... never tardy... working all the overtime.. flexing my schedule...never complaining..and being treated like crap!!!!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

211. telemarketers
    212. icy sidewalks and streets. (I like cold weather but, not the ice)
    213. store clerks who keep asking if they "can help me " when all I want to do is look around.
    214. store clerks who ignore me when I know what I want (and I am in a hurry)

215.Alarm going off, hitting snooze & finding the perfect spot, then the alarm going off again!
    216.Waking up with a headache.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

217. Tassles on men's shoes
    218. Old food in the fridge
    219. Something you just love on sale but they don't have your size!

Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

219. Something you just love on sale but they don't have your size!
    220- Buying somthing that is NOT on sale and then having it go on clearance

221. Getting on a piece of gym equipment, and feeling the sweat of the person just before you.

222. Smelling the person next to you at the gym.

223. The neighbor boy screaming like he is being axe murdered as a way of fooling around (course, I am dialing the phone by the time I realize it).

224. Going up to a register then having the cashier tell me, "I can help you down here"... why can't she help me where I am? I don't get mad at her, but I think it is stupid.

225. Seeing kids tease animals...and not seeing their parents do much about it (I am convinced it starts at that level).

And most of the stuff others hate. I had to laugh at some of it, cause I was like, "yeah, that bugs me too"..

Not to be a Pollyanna- but we should focus on some of the cool stuff in 2002 also...

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    202-Stores that play the music too loud (I walk out)[/B]
    Yeah, I am adding that to my personal list, too. I was at a roller rink for the local BROWNIES- you know- children????? The music was soooooooo loud that I couldn't even talk with my friend- bummer, since I went to keep her company while her daughter skated...

Or in restaurants..when you can't even hear the person across the table! Course that comes in handy when on a date with someone you don't want to talk to anyhow!

And another one

226. Being on speaker phone with someone! If I wanted the room to know what I was saying, I would have called them all individually.

To combat this, I speak really softly...he he...forces them to pick up the phone in order to hear me.

21. People who don't pick up after themselves.
    22. Parents who allow their children to misbehave and make a public nuisance of themselves.
    40. rude checkers at stores, and on the other side, rude customers!
    44. Rude service people!
    50. People that don't have their money, credit cards.. etc in an accessable area so they spend 20 mintues at the check out line looking for their money.
    53. People who ask me if I work there when I'm standing in the store uniform putting out magazines (it happens so often it gets frustrating)
    196. The cashiers at our local PetSmart...why are there only two??
    210. Working HARD for a company ... never calling in sick..... never tardy... working all the overtime.. flexing my schedule...never complaining..and being treated like crap!!!!!!!!
    213. store clerks who keep asking if they "can help me " when all I want to do is look around.
    214. store clerks who ignore me when I know what I want (and I am in a hurry)
    224. Going up to a register then having the cashier tell me, "I can help you down here"... why can't she help me where I am? I don't get mad at her, but I think it is stupid.
    WOW! Ok, I am a "store clerk", a "cashier", and also a department manager where I work (the salesfloor people go up and help out with cashiering when the lanes get backed up.)
    I can certainly address some of these shopping concerns that everyone has. People who shop like total slobs make me nuts, because they assume that it's "our job" to pick up after them. This is true to an extent, but we don't like to be treated like domestic help. Not everyone working in a discount department store is a high-school dropout with a low IQ, as some people seem to think. I also hate rude service people, and I go out of my way NOT to be one. In fact, I often bring people to task for being rude to me since I know what good customer service is and what I should expect. As far as people asking me if I work there when I'm in full company regalia, I think that's the only way some people know to start the "please help me" conversation. We also have some vendors who come in and stock their own product, and they often get asked for help and don't know anything about our store, so they can't. People want to make sure that I actually work for the store, I guess. Why are there so few cashiers? Because nobody wants to work at a discount department store, but everybody loves to shop at them. We just can't hire enough people to staff the store these days. Why does the cashier say I can help you down here? Because cashiers are often assigned to specific checkout lanes to electronically track their performance, and not all the lanes are "banked" (filled with money) every day - it depends on sales volume. We as cashiers also get frustrated with people who don't have their payment ready, because we have to deal with the next people in line who are fuming mad about the slow checkout lanes, and it's not something we can always control. #213 and 214 crack me up, because I guess store clerks have to have that psychic ability that determines whether you're just browsing or you actually need something. PLEASE, PLEASE, ask for help when you want it. I don't like badgering customers with the "Hi! How are you today? Are you finding everything?" because it DOES get on their nerves, but at least that way we can help someone who wanted the help but for some odd reason would not ask. I also hate when customers stand very near me and talk quite loudly and pointedly about something we're out of stock on, but will not actually talk to me like one human being to another and say, could you please check if you have any more of this. Store clerks are normal, intelligent, regular people just like you, who also shop when they are not working and know what it's like. We have to do all the other tasks, like stocking the shelves so you'll get what you want, and answering the phones so you can find out if we have what you want, so we can't always be staring directly at you anticipating your every need. PLEASE interrupt us from our tasks to ask for help. We actually DO like to help you, at least where I work, and we feel good when we can do something for you. We also feel bad when we can't, especially if it's something beyond our control (like this dockworker's strike). As far as out-of-control kids, the few times I have gotten irritated enough to speak up about it, the parents either DEFENDED their childrens behavior or gave me that "why don't you butt out" look. I also don't like being used as the bad guy to discipline their kids, as in "if you don't stop it, that store clerk is going to yell at you!" Discipline your own darn kids! If they aren't worried about YOUR disapproval, then something ain't right in your house.

AAAAAAAH...........I finally got all that off my chest. I won't name where I actually work, to avoid people boycotting us (ha ha), but #210, you MUST work at the same place I do! LOL

Oh yeah, and a new one: #227 - stores that play THE FOOTBALL GAME loudly! (Maybe this is just a Green Bay Packers thing) I HATE listening to football, so I go out shopping on game day to get away from it in the house, and I am tormented with it over the loudspeakers! I have left stores because it just bugs me.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

All Creatures-
    I think it is wonderful that you addressed those issues. I think it helps to know there is another side (or two more sides as I like to point out- yours, mine, and the truth)..so, I am not going to argue your opinion..but I will remember that the store employees have to put up with the same 'rudies' that we do, and probably on a more frequent basis! So, that's all for now!