Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm back home!! (update #81, home again - for now)

I'm back home!! (update #81, home again - for now)

First of all, thank you for all your well-wishes, prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes and candles you all posted for me in Uniqueviking's thread - and thanks to Tenna for keeping you all updated!

As she has already posted, I came home yesterday, one day earlier than expected. Obviously, they needed my bed, and I wasn't sad about it! It's wonderful to be with my girls again, and I hope they're happy, too! Luna took a nap in my arm yesterday, and I swear, I never saw such a content, relaxed look on her face!!

I got some bad news also: When I checked my email, I noticed a bill by one of these "rip-off companies", a website from which you can download software. Now they want 96 Euro for one year, and it's a two year's contract. I don't even remember I ever registered with them, they probably "stole" my adress somewhere and now they want me to pay. Of course I won't but it's annoying. Instead of celebrating the reunion with my girls, I googled for infos on this fishy company, as this was really scaring the hell out of me. Not exactly what you need when you just came home after a big surgery, especially since I spent way too much time at the computer because of this, which was not good for my back!

Also, the health insurance is already putting pressure on me by asking how long my physiotherapy will last. They want me out of the sick money, of course, but it cannot be that they don't give you some rest after such a surgery! Times have really changed!!

With all these things going on, it was hard to concentrate on my back and my healing for the last two days. Guess I was overdoing things a bit. Of course the pain is much better - the nerve pain was gone right after the surgery - but there's this huge lump in my back, and it's getting bigger. First they thought it could be cerebro-spinal fluid coming from an opening in the spinal canal (in that case I would have needed another surgery), but now they think it's a hematoma, or this liquid that is coming from wounds (don't remember the name of it). Either way, it could take a couple of weeks until it goes away, but it should get smaller. Instead, it's getting bigger now, which makes me a bit nervous. My doctor will have a look tomorrow.

So, altogether, I'm not too happy at the moment, as there are too many dark clouds hanging over me again. All these things kind of overshadowed the joy of coming home and being with my girls...

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 04-27-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Glad to hear the pain is gone.

Before you go see the doctor?

Make sure you remember all the stuff you need to ask...

AND DO NOT OVER DO YOUR MOVING AROUND.

It's way too easy to undo what the surgeon did by trying to do too much!

Give the kittehs hugs from ED.

Glad you are home, and remember to rest. Don't stress about that email thing right now, you can deal with it when you are better. Give each of the girls a nice rub from me, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

OK - so you've taken the big step towards removing the pain from your back, now remember to rest and start healing! There is always something that will get in the way. . .don't let these things disturb your peace. Just heal and start enjoying a life without pain.

Sending the healing buzzzzz your way!!

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Hematomas will reabsorb into the body...if you REST.

Focus on resting with your girls and getting the physio to feel better.

Your health company just wants to know, that's all. Hopefully your doctor or physiotherapist can deal with that.
    (and they can recommend rest too, as professionals - that will have an impact on the insurance people! )

A cute story for you. I am working one day a week at the cat kennel where I used to be full time. The eldest daughter there is away at university, and her place is very very tiny. So, her two cats are being boarded at her parents' kennel!

These littermates were surrendered to us by a client about two years ago. The owners made a point of not calling them by their previous names, so that a new owner could use new names. They were referred to simply as "Cat One" and "Cat Two".

Well, guess what the daughter named them? "Ein" and "Zwei" !
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yay!........

I know it is hard to do, but try and let all the worries roll away for some days and take care of yourself!!!

Thanks to PCB!

Welcome home - REST!!!! That's an order!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Your furry nurses need to pin you down so you don't move around and reinjure yourself. Luna and Lily, hop to it!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Welcome home, Kirsten! Lily and Luna, you're on duty!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I so aggree with Richard.. Glad your doing better & are at home.. Just get lots of rest & whisker kissess.. ((((( Huggss )))))
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Glad to hear the pain is gone.

Before you go see the doctor?

Make sure you remember all the stuff you need to ask...

AND DO NOT OVER DO YOUR MOVING AROUND.

It's way too easy to undo what the surgeon did by trying to do too much!

Give the kittehs hugs from ED.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Furpurr therapy is the way to go, Kirsten. No excess moving around, etc. Forget about the email for right now and just focus on healing as your #1 priority. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Glad you're home and everything went well. Concentrate on resting as everyone advises, very important after back surgery. Focus on the fur balls and let the rest go till you're up and about and healed up.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Kirsten,
    I am so glad you are home!! Thank goodness surgery is over, now it's time for you to relax and focus on healing. Enjoy spending time with the girls, and you'll feel better in no time.

Here's hoping for a wonderful recovery! Like everyone else has said...try to put all of your energy into healing!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Welcome home Kirsten!!! Now please rest, relax, and recuperate. Just remember the three "R's" and you'll be just fine. Take care.