Thread: A long time ago...

A long time ago...

24 years infact.

24 years ago today, April 9th, 1986, my sister Carol died. She was only 16 years old. I miss her. But I'm finding this year, with all the stuff going on in my life, I am missing her more than ever. I think she knows it, I think she's responsible for all the snow we got yesterday. Just letting me know she's there.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My thoughts and prays are with you.

If you ever need to talk pm me.
    Melissa

I cannot imagine the pain of losing a sibling. My thoughts are with you and I am sure your sister is closer to you than you think.

I send you a special hug.

{{{hugs}}} from here too, Gayle.

I'm a phone call away....

Maggie
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thanks for the support you guys!! It's a tough day. Oh and of note, Gini, that same year my brother died in August. It was a truly bad year for our family.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Losing a sibling is so very difficult and losing two in the same year must have been more devistating than I can imagine. My brother died nearly 7 years ago this year and I miss him more now then I did when it first happened. Sometimes I see or hear something and think, "OMG! I have to call Steven and tell him!" or "Steven would love that!" and then I remember that I can't call him anymore. I can't talk about him without crying yet - maybe that won't ever go away. . .I don't know. But he was a crazy free-spirit and I miss him every day.

Sometimes I dream about him and it's like we are visiting. . .I hope you dream of your sister and feel her spirit with you the way I do when I dream about Steve.

Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It's difficult losing a sibling at any age, but 16 is way too young. And then to lose your brother the same year - how tragic. My heart goes out to you.

Six years ago on 4/2, I too lost a sibling - my brother who was 64, and had only been "existing" for the previous 5 years after a massive stroke. Only 5 months after my brother's passing, his son (an only child), passed away unexpectedly at the age of 40. A bad year for my family too........

I've learned, more than ever before, to cherish the ones I love every single day of my life, because you never know when they will be taken.

Hugs to you Gayle, and Cathy too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you Cathy and Ellie for sharing your stories and pain. It's been a long time, I surely didn't expect to have such strong emotions today. Most of my day has been spent near tears. My poor kitties have had to endure many hugs and kisses this evening. They don't seem to mind as long as I follow up with a treat!