Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Minnie Miracle?

Gosh, I know exactly how you feel. And it brings tears to my eyes too.
    Emma wouldn't let me near her for years - but that one unforgetable evening when she curled up to my side in bed just knocked me out. I was afraid to touch her and I didn't want her to run away. Now she does it all of the time and it is such a special moment.

She even jumped into my niece's lap which just amazed me and told me my niece is sending out some quiet vibes that Emma liked a whole bunch.

Congratulations on your patience. Little Min has no idea of the loving that awaits her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Thanks for the well-wishes- including the one from FB .
    That's what brought me over here! I had to find out what all the excitement was about. I am THRILLED for you. And I totally agree, continue your normal routine and let her continue to come 'out of her shell' on her time.

Some cat's take minutes, others take months, and then there are the one's that take 9 years. It just makes the gift even more special. I would have cried, I'm such a mush for this type of thing.

I have a friend who adopted two semi-feral cats - a brother and sister. She has had them for close to 7 years. She still can't pick up either of them and they are still skittish. BUT, if she lies down, or sits on the floor, they have come around and will let you pet them and talk to them. It's just when you stand up that they back off (and then run to the closet).

It's wonderful to hear that you gave her the space she needed......she just beats to a different drum.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Isn't it grand how a moment in time makes such a huge difference I hope Min gets addicted to hugs and cuddles - she has a lot of catching up to do. I am so happy for both of you
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

This is wonderful and exciting news!!! Hopefully she'll continue to let you pet her more often and will learn to love it so much that her fear will vanish.

Although my Ziggy isn't feral she's a very shy cat. It took her about 3 years to finally feel comfortable in her home and to start hanging out with me and her siblings more often. She used to just be more of a loner most of the time. Now she loves coming up to me for pets and she's purrs her little heart out. The last few nights she's even been sleeping on my bed while I'm in it which is unusual for her. My only problem is that now Storm seems very jealous of her and he's been bullying her. He also did this with Sky when he started coming to me for pets and loving. Ziggy will still hide when any one comes over though and she most likely always will.

That is so wonderful.

Near 3 years later...

So, OK. I might have expected a miracle too soon.

The current update on Minnie- she will now come out from under the bed most mornings AND evenings, especially when I am filling the food bowl that I have for her in there. She 90% of the time actively waits, if not comes to me, for pets. It is bizarre. I will come in the room sometimes at 4 in the afternoon, and she will be out on the floor, just looking at me. She purrs, still drools, and while I can't get her to sleep with me, I know she now likes and wants my attention. If that stinker hears the dry foot treat bag? She stands in my door way.

Not bad for a 11 year (this month) process. Not bad at all.

This is so wonderful! Thank you so much, Cataholic.

Minnie has been coming around at her own speed.. and she has good reasons in her distant past for taking this long. God bless you for letting her live at her own pace and loving her. She loves you back in the ways she is able to.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Awww, sometimes the hardest won affection is the most precious of all. (She likes you! She really really likes you! Just at a distance.)
    I've Been Frosted