Thread: Another cat? Or just a lot of hair?

Another cat? Or just a lot of hair?

I finally broke down and bought a Furminator.... and ended up with TWO new kitties (and I'm not even done yet!)

Orange kitties

Brown kitties

Flutter and Mystic LOVED it. Both would willingly sit there until I brushed them bald. Mystic purred his head off

Allen and Harry both need MORE fur taken out of them but I couldn't get them due to jumpy dog getting involved. I didn't even brush pouncer more than two swipes -- HISS and GROWL. I let my sickie boy go. And Abby got a halfish brush.

So basically, that fur represents Flutter, Mystic, Mikey, and Trixie. Plus the vacuum picked up that much hair after I trashed the two piles.

You must have a Furmintor to get All of that Fur!!
    They are the greatest brush ever and We Thank Our Aunt Pat for sending that to us.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh that is too funny...two new kitties! I had a Furminator for Casey and now that she is gone I am wondering what I did with it. Hmmmm

I brushed two of my 4 cats over the weekend. Buddy loved it. He kept circling my feet and kissing my feet!

WOW! I need to get one of those! Had no idea they worked like that!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Can anyone give me a link to this Furminator thing? (Great name, by the way.) Big Boy has always loved brushing time. He lies down for me to do it when I show him the brush, and when I am done with one side, he rolls over so I can do the other. Then the belly. Of course, I am always careful with his nipples. Sensitive subject for a male cat.

OMG that is a pile! We are going crazy here with hair. We are going to start scheduling appointments to get some of them shaved. It's driving me crazy!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Can anyone give me a link to this Furminator thing? (Great name, by the way.) Big Boy has always loved brushing time. He lies down for me to do it when I show him the brush, and when I am done with one side, he rolls over so I can do the other. Then the belly. Of course, I am always careful with his nipples. Sensitive subject for a male cat.
    Here ya go: Furminator

Yes they do work great.. A PT Friend sent me one & it is just awesome..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Ha, that first pic looks like the first time I used the Furminator on Steve! I'm lucky that both cats love it since it's the only thing that will control the hair.

I love it, but you have to be careful since you can develop 'bald' spots if you brush too much or focus on one area.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I also have one and it does work well if your cat will allow you to use it on them. I think that they now sell them in some pet stores too. My RB Sunny used to love it and he'd just lay there and then roll over and let me do his tummy and both sides. He was my easiest cat to groom. I sure do miss him.

Storm is also pretty good and I could brush him all day and still get fur off of him. Sky will tolerate it for a few strokes and so will Pearl. Ziggy hates it and if I want to really give her a good brushing I have to put her in my bathroom so she can't run away from me. She gets so stressed out though so I can't do it for very long. When it starts getting hot here, usually in July, I do take Storm, Sky, and Ziggy to the groomers for lion cuts and this really helps me during the next 4-6 months.

I saw a lot of different models of the Furminator; which one do you all use? Does it make a difference?

=^..^=

I

one wonders.. where was all that hair to begin with.. wow.. impressive how much fur we can get out of the critters.. hehe..

you should´ve saved the hair though and get it made into a scarf or something..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm View Post
    I saw a lot of different models of the Furminator; which one do you all use? Does it make a difference?
    I've had mine for quite a while so I have the Furminator Classic with the 1.75" edge which is the small tool used for small pets. I see that they also have a deluxe set now.

Yesterday I finally broke down and bought a Furminator. Am anxious to try it to see if I end up with enough fur to make another cat!

Had a 10% off coupon from Petco, and the thing was already discounted $5, so I figured the time was right.

will be out of town for a few days, but when I get back the fur will be flying! (I hope)

=^..^=

I