Thread: The Saga of Jewelz

The Saga of Jewelz

Poor Jewelz! What a traumatic time it’s been for her. She has tried so hard to comfortably adjust, only for things to set her back.

1. One morning as I was getting ready for work I hear a loud racket which came from the computer room. I look in there to see some items on the floor. Didn’t think too much of it at first but when I wasn’t seeing Jewelz I began to wonder. Sure enough she had managed to fall behind our built in desk and book shelves. Kevin had to take the top of the desk apart to get her out.

2. She managed to be brave enough to join everyone in the kitchen area, and on the counter waiting for breakfast, only to have one of the cats claw at her and caught her (thankfully, only) in the lid of the eye. Blood every where. Now she waits in her “safe” spot (which is behind the TV wall unit) for her breakfast.

3. I’m sound asleep when I was startled awake by some huge noise in the house. Then I hear Kevin running like crazy. I jump up, heart pounding, and start yelling “what is going on”? Come to find out Jewelz managed to get a large paper sack handle around her neck and was running terrified through the house. Kevin was hot on her heels trying to catch and rescue her.

So now, she timidly comes out very infrequently from behind the TV wall unit to eat and catch a scratch behind the ear. I’m hoping one day she will forget all the trauma and be able to feel comfortable enough to stay out amongst the living!

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Aw Jewelz, show 'em what a ferocious Calico kitty is like! Calicos are made of tough stuff! I hope you get over your trauma very soon, pretty girl.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor Jewelz, but gosh I am sitting here laughing at her kitty antics! Sorry, sweetie, but you just covered about a dozen kitty adventures in this one brief update from your mom. Wonder about what other things you've been doing that mom didn't write about!

Ah, calicos, spunky personalities. I am sure things will settle down for her.

Love the image in my mind of Kevin "hot on the heels" of Jewelz with a bag on her neck! Several of mine have done that a time or 2.

Poor Jewelz, so much trauma for her all in a row! Is she a bad luck magnet? LOL! Hopefully things will settle down for her and she can feel safer there..

Chester had that hung on a bag ordeal too a long time ago and now he is terrified of those plastic bags. I am sure he don't remember WHY he is so afraid of them but remembers to be afraid of them..

She sure is a pretty girl with all her colors!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Poor Baby! I hope she feels comfortable enough to come out more because she is beautiful!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Poor Little Jewelz , you are having a tough time adjusting arent you?

We are praying that things will calm down and that you will adjust and that you will amke a truce wth your fellow Cat Companions, and that there will be a big K & L Cat Pile Soon.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

An example for Jewelz and Her New Companions!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I've heard of cats strangling when they get caught in bag handles. It might be a good idea to cut through the handles so that can't happen again to her. It's terrifying for them not being able to free themselves.

Best wishes to Jewelz settling in to her new home! Please give her some extra lovies and cuddlies and skritchies from us.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Poor Jewelz! You sure are a lovely Calico girl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I've heard of cats strangling when they get caught in bag handles. It might be a good idea to cut through the handles so that can't happen again to her. It's terrifying for them not being able to free themselves.

Best wishes to Jewelz settling in to her new home! Please give her some extra lovies and cuddlies and skritchies from us.
    Very true! We normally do not have bags out but we had picked up a to go order and left the bag on the counter so we could put the stuff back in cause we were transporting it to my daughter's for Easter. Goes to show don't be careless!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor baby. I hope that she'll become more comfortable in her home soon. It only took my Ziggy 3 years and she'll be 4 in June. A few of my cats have also gotten the bag handle caught around their necks and they also took off running around my condo and were very scared. I also normally take off the handles if I let them play in a paper bag. One time it was a plastic bag that I had just brought home and unloaded. Now I'm very careful to quickly put all bags away or throw them out.