Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. handsome Mooky

R.I.P. handsome Mooky

It is with great sadness that we had to let our handsome boy Mooky, join the others up on the Bridge.

As some of you know, we have been having problems with Mooky, in regards to having terrible sores on his back. He has been back and forth to the vets countless times and has seen 4 different vets. He has been on prednisone a few times, about 4 different medications, blood tests, skin scrapings, cortizone shots and the vets basically said the same thing, that his problem was flea related even though he didn't have fleas. Unfortunately they also said that he could have this problem off and on or for the rest of his life. It's been non-stop for over a year now. Mooky had turned from one sweet cat to one cranky boy. He was miserable and the sores really bothered him. He started to attack the other cats and they were becoming nervous wrecks whenever he came near them. He wouldn't even let me pick him up anymore without him hissing and growling and trying to bite me. We felt it wasn't fair to let him keep on like this. He was not a happy camper at all. So with broken hearts, we made the decision to end his misery last Thursday. He would have been 8 years old on July 24th.

I'm sorry we couldn't do anymore for you my beloved Mooky.

You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. my big handsome boy.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 04-05-2010 at 11:23 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so very sorry to hear this. His condition was obviously making his life miserable, and letting him go was all you could do. But of course that doesn't make the situation any less heart-wrenching.

RIP, Mooky. I'm sorry that you had to leave your loving family far too soon. I'm sure you're watching over them, pain-free, from the Bridge.

Unhappy

{{{Hugs}}} of Sympathy.
    And THANKS for doing all you could ... I'm sure he's greatful to you!

RIP, sweet Mooky. You were much loved.

I am so sorry. That had to be a very difficult decision. But it sounds like it was the right one.

RIP Mooky, you can now be happy and share your beauty at the bridge.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thats always sad when a Cat Companion does not respond to Vet Care , and despite all their White Coats can do , you have to make that decision to have your Friend pass on.
    Katie , Willy and Buddy have greeten Mookie and have found their Friend a pair of Designer Silver and Gold Wings so he will officially be an Awesome Angel.
    Then they are all headed to see the Yankees/Red Sox home opener and then spend the next week in Augusta Georgia for the Masters, in one of the most beautiful places in the World , just made for Pet Angels.
    Mooky loves You Lorraine and appreciates all that you did for him.
    He doesnt want you to be sad , and that your Angels will always be with you in spirit , until you are reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a tough decision that had to be, but you did it with love for Mooky in your hearts. Rest in peace, beautiful boy, your family misses you so much!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I am so sorry to hear about Mooky What a sad decision to take.

Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry. You have had too much sadness recently.
    Rest in peace, handsome boy, free from pain.

I'm so sorry, that's a tough decision you had to make, but you have done so much for Mooky and it sounds like he wasn't enjoying life anymore.

Rest is peace, dear Mooky!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope Mooky is feeling much better now, no more Mr Crankypants. Hugs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am so sorry you had to make this decision {{hugs}}. You did your best for poor Mooky and he's in a much better place now.

RIP dear Mooky, and Peace to your family.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh, Lorraine, I am so very sorry. My very deepest sympathy for your tragic loss of your beloved Mooky.

Rest in peace, dearest Mooky, pain-free and happy as you await your reunion with your beloved Meowmie, one fine day.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that you did everything you could for him and now he's pain free and I'm sure he's his happy self again. RIP sweet Mooky. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm sorry to read this, it is very sad. I am sure that Mooky will be happy at the bridge. I cannot imagine how heartbreaking the decision must have been for you.
    Thinking of you at his hard time.