Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much does ur siamese weight

how much does ur siamese weight

i just took my 1yr old color pt Siamese to the vent and hes at a whopping 17lbs. on a diet and have been cutting the food. just wondering what the average Siamese weights or urs.
    Meeya and Binks

Wow!!! I think that's a bit large for a siamese. My RB Starr,who looked a lot like your cat and he was a Flame Point Siamese Mix, was always very petite at about 8lbs. This was until he had to take prednisolone for his IBD/Colitis problems and then he became a whopping 13lbs. This was way too much for him and he could barely get around any more and it really affected his health.

My Pearl is a Lynx Point Siamese Mix and she usually weighs 8-9lbs. She's very active and always on the go so she's always burning up the calories she consumes. My Sky is a Norwegian Forest Cat with probably some Siamese in him and he's only about 12-13lbs but that's because he's a much larger cat because of the Wedgie in him.

What has your vet said about his weight? What kind of food are you currently feeding him and how much and how often? Some cats eat when they're bored or stressed. I don't free feed any more and I feed my cats 4 small meals a day. I also feed them a grain free high protein diet of Innova Evo dry and some Innova Evo canned as well as Natural Instinct canned.

I haven't weighed Ming in awhile, but he's BIG!! I can safely say he's over 20 lbs. My other cat, McGyver, is dwarfed by him. Mac's a mere 7 lbs., but he's alpha cat. Funny how that works out.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My meezer Coco Puff weighed 11 lbs. last weigh-in, I think.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

the vet said she only wants him to lose 3lbs. i fig more is fine lol. i was only giving him a small wet can at night and 1/2cup dry once at day n night, so 1cup dry and 1 can wet. i cut that back to 1/2cup all day when he started getting big but he only just turned a yr old. the vet said that wasn't a bad amount. he is active fun playful no problems moving or anything lol. he doesn't even cry when there is no food out.
    Meeya and Binks

Bo Bo^^ was my heaviest Siamese at 14 pounds which was too heavy , although she is a large framed Cat ^^
    Precious ^^and Almond Rocca ^^ are Dresden Dolls about6 -7 Pounds and proof that wonderful things come in small packages
    John Hancock ^^ is a Big Balinese long and lean at 12 pounds.
    Sam ^^ is about 10 pounds , all of it pure love for His Precious.
    Benjamin James ^^ My Gray Meezer is about 10 pounds as well and a Fine Gentle Cat!!!
    My Siamese six Pack ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ waiting for me on My One Fine Day in Paradise!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I don't believe that Siamese are normally big cats, it's just that Ming is on meds and they have put some weight on him. He is a very tall, long, solidly built, cat, and before he went on meds, he weighed about 13 lbs. I have to leave food out, dry, for my cats all day as my vet has order Mac to put on weight! Mac used to be about 9 lbs., but now he tips the scales at about 6 or 7 lbs. D*med if I do, d*mned if I don't.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My 3 RB Siamese were all different sizes.

Suki was a tiny little girl and probably never got to be much more than 4 pounds.

My boy Ming was about 10 pounds, and Sam was about 12 pounds.

They were all healthy when in their prime, so I was never really concerned about how much or how little they weighed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

my guys are 9 and 11 pounds, but I have seen some Siamese that were just BIG cats, not necessarily fat. My dearly departed Montego (not a Siamese)was just a big boy, his ideal weight was around 14 pounds. Plus he was longhaired so he looked even bigger

so it looks like my guy tips the scale lol. here is a new pic ownin my comp chair
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Meeya and Binks

My girls are two very petite little Siamese ladies.
    Milly weighs 7 lbs and Izzy weighs only 6 lbs.
    Milly has a strong food drive and would weigh a lot more if I free fed her.
    Izzy is a very dainty lady who doesn't eat much compared to Milly, she is mostly fluff so she looks about the same size as Milly.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Olivia weighs about 6-7 pounds.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Baxter, my flame point siamese weighs 16lbs vet says its fine he sprints around the house tackling the dog so he has no trouble moving around at all he only cries for food if we don't stick to our feeding schedule. he was neutered before one year so he has a bit of a pooch belly but other than that he is all muscle.

I think Buddy weighs around 11-12 lbs . He is still pretty active at 7 yrs.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

I think Mr. Luke is part Siamese and he currently weighs ~18 lbs.

His highest weight at one time was 27 lbs. He was miserable and all he did was eat, sleep and poop LOL. Then it got so bad that he had severe constipation and the vet and I changed his diet in Dec 2010 when he weighed 22 lbs. His diet since Dec 2010 is canned Hills w/d and canned Wellness No Grain and recently I added a small amount of dry Blue Wilderness No Grain. Since losing weight, he is like a different cat--so much more active and seems happier and healthier.