Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy ending for a stray

We love happy endings! Especially when they involve new beginnings!
    I've Been Frosted

To Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    This is a tale with a very happy ending.

About 6 weeks ago, we noticed a new cat wandering into the yard from time to time – black with a small white patch on his chest. He seemed to get along with all our boys, who go in and out. But was very skittish when a human appeared.

Two weeks ago he came one day – and stayed. All day long he hung out with our boys on the front and back porches. Not a squabble was noted. He acted like he wanted to come in the house. Douglas broke down and fed him – and of course, that was all it took. He was permanently affixed to our yard.

I still thought he might belong to someone; he was not undernourished and was not scruffy looking. Then I discovered he was an intact male. So much for hoping he had a family.

We thought he was a great cat, but we have 6 and simply couldn’t take in one more. So on March 4th we took him to the Humane Society

Today he was adopted!!

I called yesterday to see what was going on. The gal said there was a family visiting and she was pretty sure they were going to adopt him. I called back today, and sure enough, they took him home this afternoon. I was on the phone with one of the staff, while another was finishing up the process right there next to him. He called me back to say black cat’s new mama had deciphered the phone conversation. She gave her email address to him and asked him to call and give it to me. I just sent her an email, telling his story. Hopefully I will hear back – and find out his name.

We didn’t name him – then I wouldn’t have been able to give him up. And the Humane Society called him Pierre.

Happy ending – and the best birthday gift I received this year
    Thank you for sharing such a lovely story.

Query

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We love happy endings! Especially when they involve new beginnings!
    What does Boo`ed & Frosted mean?

What a great ending for a homeless stray. I hate it when strays take up here and I have seen 2 new ones lately. I want to save them all but there is no way I can..

You did good. It is amazing that he got a home so fast!!! Sounds like he has settled right in and has made himself at home. GOOD JOB!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!