Thread: saarloos wolfhound ????????

saarloos wolfhound ????????

hey i signed up here today hopin to find the help i need i must have a saarloos wolfhound and i can not find a single breeder in the usa i been at for 4 weeks atleast 6 hours aday maybe im looking in the wrong spots im not sure but i really must have one these beautiufl animals i simply must anybody who knows a breeder or knows breeder email phone number etc etc it would be very helpfull i would most likly even fly to germany or the netherlands for one

Hi i looked into this breed as well as the czech wolfdog they do seem to be very rare but i have read into them and it does say that they do not make great pets and its like training a cat!! Also before you look into buying abroad you may need to check the state your in legislation however there are wolfdog and hybrid breeders in texas not sure of the link but if you google dog breeds there is one site that lists breeders. hope this helps.

me again i looked on pets4you.com and they give you wolf dog breeders one being wolfzone1.com they arent saarloos but very beautiful might be worth checking out good luck.

yea i knw which ones your talking about there just hyrbids nothing special there is over 4000 thousand in the us they are pretty there is one about 2 hours away that has 98 percent wolf 2 percent germanshepherd but its just not the same to me seems like ur on the same hunt i am i looked at the czech i liked it but then i came across the saarloos and i immedi fell in love with the looks and character of it iv had with dogs and alligators and exotic fish even sugargliders lol that will be one i never do again mean little guys but anyways i guess i keep trying even if i have to go to germany lol

Ok, first off welcome to PT!
    Secondly, have you done any sort of research on this breed??? You really need to do extensive research on any breed of dog you are wanting to get- there is no 'universal dog' that works for anyone and everyone.

As for finding a breeder, you need to ask them questions to make sure they are reputable. Questions such as 'How often do you breed?'; 'How many litters do you have in a year?' (Reputable breeders will only have 1-2 litters per year, IF that). Also, 'What kind of health testing(s) do you do for the sire and dam'?

Feel free to ask anyone here questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable members here on PT!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

all thos question are good i first have to find the breeder and thats like needle in haystake and thanks for the welcome

You're welcome.

But do you know all there is to know about this breed?? Before you even think about finding a breeder, you need to do your homework on the breed....

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

The people here should be able to answer your questions

http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173