Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cats in my yard

The sprinkler would be a good idea if the yard was smaller, but there is too much ground to cover. A motivational speaker is a good idea too, but we all KNOW that the kitties would never listen!

I'm going to pick up the trap tomorrow after work and have a go at it this weekend. Wish us all luck! It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Hope I don't catch any possums!! but then again, I can always send them to Richard. . . .

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

My Bean is home!!!!!!! Thanks for your help with the cardinal sign. I was hoping to see him tomorrow (day 12) but today works too!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    My Bean is home!!!!!!! Thanks for your help with the cardinal sign. I was hoping to see him tomorrow (day 12) but today works too!!!!!!!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! OMG! I'm in tears!! YAAAAAAY!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

1st trap day

As expected, we caught a possum. Went out to check the trap and saw a triangular white face peering at me in the darkness and knew. . .

Barry held the flashlight while I donned gloves and opened the cage to release the possom who was frightened out of his wits, poor thing. Thought he was getting a nice tuna dinner and ended up in a cage. Just a small guy too. Well, we closed the trap and Barry will reset it in the morning since he will be home today.

Funny though, we put up a chainlink fence in the back of the yard on Saturday and I haven't seen a cat since. I think that they are being wary since the environment has changed. I also bought some animal deterent that I will put down either after we catch the cats or if we don't catch any at all. I can sprinkle it at the perimeter of the property and in the spots where they spray. It's organic and the ingredients don't appear to be harmful, just smelly.

My husband just called me here at work to tell me that we caught the first cat; the grey and white one that does most of the spraying. He said that the black and white one was with him, and stood around for a while after grey&white got caught, but now black&white is gone.

Why do I feel so guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    My husband just called me here at work to tell me that we caught the first cat; the grey and white one that does most of the spraying. He said that the black and white one was with him, and stood around for a while after grey&white got caught, but now black&white is gone.

Why do I feel so guilty?
    Don't feel guilty - you are doing what is ultimately best for them

mothballs will repel cats too. My father-in-law used them to keep the neighborhood felines from shredding the cover on his van.