Thread: (Update!! 6/15) Jheri has a hernia

Threaded View

(Update!! 6/15) Jheri has a hernia

My little girl budgie Jheri has a hernia and sadly, this is the beginning of the end. Girl budgies are prone to so many egg-laying related ailments and this is one of them. Many years ago, this happened to one of my other female budgies and I opted to try to have it corrected surgically. She died almost as soon as they made the incision due to the change in her blood pressure. This time, I will let Jheri stay with us and her two cagemates, and when it is her time, she will cross the bridge in the comfort of her own home.

She is still active and eating and her boyfriend, Sergio, takes care of her by feeding and preening her. She still flies around a bit as well, but spends a lot of time in her fuzzy hut, sitting on a faux egg since she cannot lay one herself now (silly girl). Please keep her in your thoughts and pray that, when the time comes, her passing is easy and quick.

Cathy
    Last edited by Catherinedana; 06-15-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Updating Title

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain