Thread: My lovely neighbours

My lovely neighbours

As some of you know my dog Louie is 14 1/2 and very limited in his mobility due to severe arthritis. Even so, he enjoys short walks and is always looking for other dogs to meet and greet. A few of my neighbours have young, large, bouncy dogs and while Louie is not a small dog, they could knock him off his feet with nothing more than a nudge.
    Every time we meet up with these people, they get their dogs under control and either wait for us to reach them or cross over to meet us and sit their dogs so that Louie can have a sniff and say hello and the dogs are always gentle and patient. It's the highight of his day and I am so grateful for them and their lovely dogs. So thank you Pogo (standard poodle), Hank (yellow Lab), Buddy (Old English Sheep Dog) and Parker (Shiloh Sheppard) for making Louie a happy dog.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Good story - good neighbors - good dogs. You are lucky indeed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Good story - good neighbors - good dogs. You are lucky indeed!

Sounds like my kind of people. I am glad Louie enjoys his walk.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How lovely! Long may Louie continue to enjoy his walks.

That is wonderful! I thought the title was being sarcastic, but I'm so happy to see it wasn't.
    Yay for Louie and his friends and your wonderful neighbors.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How fantastic!

Taz Zoee - Usually my posts about Louie are rather sad so I thought it would be good to post a happy story for a change.

Sounds like a fantastic neighbourhood. This is the way people on our street act towards each other, it's so nice to see there are still good friendly people around like the good old days .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    Taz Zoee - Usually my posts about Louie are rather sad so I thought it would be good to post a happy story for a change.
    And I it!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

aawww that is the kinda neighbors we all wished we had but some of are not that lucky

That's Beautiful! Makes me wnt to cry. The goodness of people that's rarely been told. All you hear is bad stuff. I'm a wuzz. Really. I'm so emotional, I'd be baking the owners cookies or something, and buying the good puppers treats. You are sincerely lucky. I'm glad it makes Louie love his walks. He deserves to be happy in his senior years. Hugs and kisses on your sweet boy!

I've been Boooo'd!

Awww, that's nice.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

(raising my mug of tea) Here's to many more walks for Louie, including a happy hello and sniff from his dog friends - and to having such kind, caring neighbors! I needed some good news today!

p.s., I have the other kind of "lovely" (meant sarcastically) neighbors who seem to be shouting at each other all the time, lot of anger in that family. I am so glad you have "lovely" meant without the sarcasm!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678