Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updates on my life

Updates on my life

Hello everyone!! Remember me??!! ha, ha, ha....

Just wanted to check in and give you a brief update on why I have not been around.

Some of you remember that I have been taking care of my dad, who has dementia, well......he passed away on Tues. 3.3.10. he kept getting a fever, then recover from it, but each time he got worse & worse.

I was with him all weekend and his girlfriend (who also has dementia) kept asking when he was going to get better.....try answering that question. She last saw him on Sunday. I was there first thing on Monday morning, Hospice told me that he would probably pass that day. He didn't. I went home around midnight on Monday and slept in my clothes thinking I would get 'that' call. It never came. I was back there by 8 am and stayed until 6:00 pm. Hospice took over again and at 8:30pm we finally got the call..... we instantly left the house. The facility was only 5 minutes away, but by the time we got there, he had passed.....2 minutes before.

Even though we were fully prepared for this, I still took it very hard (which surprised me because I thought I was ok...)

He is being creamated and services are later this week. I know my father is in a MUCH better place, he now can hear clearly, think full and complete thoughts along with being able to speak full and complete sentences. Godspeed, daddy!

My life changed 3 years ago, I had to become a caregiver, something I knew nothing about and now once again it has changed, I can go back to the way it was.....which I'm not too sure I know what that was

Thanks for listening.....

Bunny
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

{{{hugs}}}.

Freedom is going through much the same thing as you did; I so feel for both of you.

I think it is only natural to get upset...he WAS your dad, and plus, just the release of stress from all those years.

Yes, I am sure your dad is walking and speaking, hearing, thinking and more!

As to going back to what you were before, I never did after my dad died.

"What I am to be I am now becoming."

And take your own time getting there.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry about the loss of your father. I hope someday the pain will ease and the good memories will be bright.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

May he rest in peace, an rejoice in reunion with all who have gone before.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry about the loss of your Father. May he rest in peace.

Of course i remember you well, so sorry you had such sad news for us all, please accept my sincere condolences at this difficult time in your life.

Yes life will be different and I am sure you will be feeling somewhat lost, just take comfort in knowing he is at peace now and you were a great daughter to him in his time of need,thinking of you and HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry about the loss of your father.
    I took the passing of my mom whom I had seen to decline for years much harder than the passing of my dad who some years earlier had a heart attack.
    Caring for somebody and seeing him getting worse nearly from day to day seems to create a special relationship.
    Now is the time to be sad and to open yourself for these feelings which I am sure you had to suppress in the last years often enough.
    And then you will find your life again.

Someone said once "I'm sad for you and happy for you". Sad that you've lost your dear father but happy that your life can now get back to normal, even though you say you're not quite sure what that is. And as Catty1 said, take your time getting there. May your father RIP. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can imagine how hard it has been for you the past few years, but now your father is at rest. Although it may take some time, your life will gradually change back to normal, and you will always have the memories.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Bunny,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I think there alot of us here being forced into the "caregiver" role. Back in 1994 after my Dad, who was a bad alcoholic, started going down hill. I only wish that they had the information then that they have today. It would've helped me understand it more.

It's not something we ask for, rather something we feel is our duty to our parents. Afterall, they took cae of us, right?

I hope your heart will heal in time. It's been 13 years since my Dad died. It still hurts and I miss him terribly. I'm still on the mend.

and hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. Even though you are prepared when illness is involved and you know its a blessed release for them it still hits you like a ten ton truck. Take care of you and remember all the good times with your Dad xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy and you sound like you did a wonderful thing for your dad.

My prays are with you and your family.

Melissa

I went thru the same thing.....

You will sit around for a while and feel 'useless'. You will feel like there is nothing for you to do now....

IT's a hollow, empty feeling that you need to fill with your life now. everyday take a few minutes to occupy your mind/time and you feel better as time goes on.

Our parents are lucky when then have someone to look after them. You honored that for your dad and you should be happy and proud.

Sending you some good thoughts.

I am so sorry.....

I do agree w/what Catty1 says.....she spoke it well.....take care of yourself....

Thanks to PCB!