Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

I remember a few years back when Sara Evans was one of the "Stars". Thanks to Tom DeLay and his minions, she kept getting voted forward - until she withdrew because of a sudden divorce. Don't remember who was cheating on who in that marriage.

Anyway, it seems that there is a concerted campaign going on now for one particular dancer. I read on another board that there are website links and all.

If that is true - it's so wrong. I would withdraw rather than win like that. Or maybe I'm too old fashioned - thinking one should win on merit

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Well, I think the winner ultimately chosen has a lot to do with talent...but a lot to do with fan base, too. There often seems to be one who really doesn't have the talent that manages to get to the finals. It says a lot for their fan base, loyalty is a big deal on this show. I remember when it was Mya vs Donnie Osmond...I wanted Mya to win, but knew Donnie Osmond had a bigger fan base. So, I wasn't completely shocked when he won. Anyway...how long do you have to wait on this thread before you can actually say names? I feel silly beating around the bush. :/
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Well, I am in the last time zone at least in the US. Is there even anyone after us in the world?? LOL
    I am very upset and angry about tonight. Almost so upset that I don't want to watch the show anymore. And it's not because of who went home, but who didn't. But I will continue to watch, only because it gives me something to talk to my mom about and a co-worker. Plus, it's over soon. Sigh....
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well Brandy was my very favorite so I am sorry to see her go. I am not mad, I think Briston has a vulnerability that appealed to the viewers, it did to me, I have a daughter her age and I think she did rise to the occasion. I don't think she was a better dancer than Brandy though obviously.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I understand Bristol is a great person and all, but she is not the best dancer. This is a DANCE competition and it angers me to see people advance just because of popularity. But I guess all of these types of shows are that way. Sigh...why do I even watch them then? Because I'm a TV junkie, that's why!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I thought Bristol deserved to be in the semi finals, but not the finals. :/ Her technique is usually really good, her performance is what I think should have sent her home this week. Brandy is a better dancer and performer, I don't think anyone can argue that. But, I don't say too much about any of it, because I have only voted a couple times since I started to watch the show (when Sabrina Bryan was on).
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Well, I am in the last time zone at least in the US. Is there even anyone after us in the world?? LOL
    Yes. Alaska and Hawaii
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Yes. Alaska and Hawaii
    You know, I thought of that after I posted that. I went to bed and remembered.

Wow, DWTS has a lot of drama going on lately. Anyone keeping up with the
    Facebook rants and the name calling going on with the Palin daughter,Willow?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Nope don't keep up with that kind of snarky stuff.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I don't do Facebook, or any of that type of site. I did hear about that incident - how can we not, it's all over the place. When I see or hear about teens/young kids mouthing off like that, I simply say - consider the source. I know I'm going to sound like an old lady, but if kids today had parents who truly cared and spent quality time with them, I doubt there would be half the crap going on.

I read in the newspaper yesterday that the production company might re-look at the voting process for the show based upon the most recent results.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I read in the newspaper yesterday that the production company might re-look at the voting process for the show based upon the most recent results.

Yeah, Why even have judges on the show at all.?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I don't do Facebook, or any of that type of site. I did hear about that incident - how can we not, it's all over the place. When I see or hear about teens/young kids mouthing off like that, I simply say - consider the source. I know I'm going to sound like an old lady, but if kids today had parents who truly cared and spent quality time with them, I doubt there would be half the crap going on.

Oh, gosh no, I don't do Facebook either. I meant that it's hard to avoid
    the drama news when it is covered in all the major news outlets.

I was thinking of the strangeness of Palin announcement of a possible
    run for the presidency & on the same day her daughter is swearing like a
    sailor in a public forum. Strange world we live in.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

I do facebook but didn't hear anything about this until I read it on pettalk.

I have been frosted!