Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    I 100% agree with every statement you just posted.
    Hope and Maks seriously seem to bring out the worst in each other. Did you watch the rehearsal package for their group routine? Maks walked out in frustration and Derek immediately went to Hope's side to help her. He's just a class act, all around. I know he has his breaking point, and I've seen him get testy just like everyone else, but overall, he truly seems to just want to help people be their best.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

How cool is this

J.R. Martinez Named Rose Parade Grand Marshal

Pasadena - The grand marshal for Pasadena's 123rd Tournament of Roses is a certain crowd pleaser.

Leading the Jan. 2 procession of floats will be J.R. Martinez, the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, "All My Children" daytime soap opera star and Iraq War veteran seriously burned when his Humvee hit a land mine.

He will also toss the coin before kickoff of the 98th Rose Bowl Game in honor of all wounded military personnel.

The Tournament of Roses Association announcement Tuesday says Martinez is a perfect fit for the "Just Imagine ..." parade theme.

Martinez says he's grateful for the opportunity to share his message of hope and possibility.

Tournament President Rick Jackson says Martinez is an inspiration because of his courage and dedication to helping all Americans facing challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    Hope and Maks seriously seem to bring out the worst in each other. Did you watch the rehearsal package for their group routine? Maks walked out in frustration and Derek immediately went to Hope's side to help her. He's just a class act, all around. I know he has his breaking point, and I've seen him get testy just like everyone else, but overall, he truly seems to just want to help people be their best.
    OMG...don't they, though?? Their relationship seems so volatile(?not sure if that is the right word). I actually thought Maks was a tad bit abusive in that last package. Definitley not a good pairing. I'm not sure but I think I had read somewhere that he actually pushed for her to be his partner. Not sure about that. LOVED the way Derek stepped in there. I do sometimes wonder how much the editing plays in all of this though. I mean, every show wants to have a bad guy. I've never disliked Maks. Always enjoyed watching him dance and he sure as heck isn't hard to look at and I've even giggled at his cocky attitude, but this year his arrogance is a little over the top for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    How cool is this
    Very cool! I love JR. His spirit and personality are amazing. To me he is like a bright shiny star and anyone around him his going to glow. I mean look at Karina. I've always thought she was a beautiful dancer, but her personality seemed a little hard to me. This year with JR she seems a little softer and more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    Very cool! I love JR. His spirit and personality are amazing. To me he is like a bright shiny star and anyone around him his going to glow. I mean look at Karina. I've always thought she was a beautiful dancer, but her personality seemed a little hard to me. This year with JR she seems a little softer and more fun.
    She does seem a lot softer!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

So sad about the results this week.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I was disappointed with the results and sad to see that couple go. Really thought it should have been someone else, but I don't vote so I guess I can't complain...lol

Which couple was voted off?

I missed the show. Who was voted off?

I just Goggled it. Awwww. Such a shame to have David A. leave. I rather liked him. He improved much over the past weeks. Oh well.

I don't watch this show that often, but did this time for some odd reason. I got distracted at the end and didn't see the voting results.

Life shall go on.
    Last edited by sasvermont; 11-02-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Like I said before....Karina is "softer" because her partner is doing GOOD!!

Anyway, here is how I felt the top 6 should have been ranked:

1. JR and Karina
    2. Ricki and Derek (although JR and Ricki are very close to me)
    3. David and Kym
    4. Nancy and Tristan
    5. Hope and Maks

Hope can NOT dance!!! Nancy even dances way better than she does. This year has just been full of surprises though so who knows. I also do not vote, but I can voice my opinion on who I like, can't I?

I like Maks, but I also felt he was a bit rough with Hope during the group rehersal. Maks had to go pout like a baby. Waah!

Did you hear what David said about it being his show? LOL He cracks me up!!!

Oh, and I am not at all a Beiber fan so I skipped through his first performance. I did watch the second though because I am old school and like Boyz to Men. But Justin just seemed so arrogant to me. Like he's thinking "yeah, I'm great and I know it!" Did not like the attitude.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I think Karina is softer because her partner is an absolute angel. I think she's happier because her partner is great, but that softness and femininity . . . I don't think it has much to do with J.R.'s skills.

I was super bummed about David going home last night, although his farewell speech was perfect. I think Nancy was amazed she wasn't the one to leave.

I personally think Hope should have gone home. I think she's probably getting votes at this point because people feel bad for her. It can't be because she's a good dancer, and even if she has an amazing personality, it doesn't shine through on this show at all. She just looks beat down and stuck in a bad relationship. I can hardly stand to watch her and Maks interacting, and he seriously looks like he's going to pull her arms out when they're dancing, it's like he doesn't give a crap how she looks on the dance floor. Ugh, makes me mad and sad all at the same time.

I have disliked Maks in the past, very much so. It's just been in the last couple seasons that he grew on me, but he definitely is too much for me this season.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Did you notice how different Hope was when dancing with Teddy from the troupe? She was beaming!!!! I think she is afraid of Maks.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Did you notice how different Hope was when dancing with Teddy from the troupe? She was beaming!!!! I think she is afraid of Maks.
    I think she's afraid of getting verbally assaulted. He's just an aggressive person, and for some, that works. For others, not so much. I would not want him teaching me! I'd be crying and cussing him out daily!

I think she's afraid of getting verbally assaulted. He's just an aggressive person, and for some, that works. For others, not so much. I would not want him teaching me! I'd be crying and cussing him out daily!
    Me too!! I would have been the one running out of the rehearsal room in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Me too!! I would have been the one running out of the rehearsal room in tears.
    I have a tendency to curse first, then cry and leave.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I have a tendency to curse first, then cry and leave.
    Me too - except I would curse first - then leave and then cry. I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction of him seeing me cry and knowing that he got to me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~