Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

I hope David & JR stick around. I am really enjoying Karina this season, mathing her with JR was a really good move. I still don't really like Ricki all that much.

I think Max was out of line. "This is my show". Really, I don't think it is. Yeah he's pretty eye candy, but it's not his show.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I hope David & JR stick around. I am really enjoying Karina this season, mathing her with JR was a really good move. I still don't really like Ricki all that much.

I think Max was out of line. "This is my show". Really, I don't think it is. Yeah he's pretty eye candy, but it's not his show.
    I am rooting for JR also, he's dancing very well.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post

You're right, Max was out of line and he did apologize for it last night. Him telling the old guy off, I can understand tho and other dancers agreed with Max. I also enjoy looking at him

"I've been frosted."

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    You're right, Max was out of line and he did apologize for it last night. Him telling the old guy off, I can understand tho and other dancers agreed with Max. I also enjoy looking at him
    I didn't watch the results, but I'm glad he apologized. I definitely think Bruno and Len (and every so often, Carrie Anne) can be totally out of line with their comments, though, and definitely deserved to be told off when they do, although I really didn't think Len was way out of line when Maks did go off on him the other night. Even Bruno's comment about Chaz looking like a penguin or something the other night for his tango was way worse than anything Len said. I mean, there's no critique in that, it has nothing to do with dance, it's just rude.

I saw the end of the results, and honestly would have rather seen Nancy or Hope go home. Hope just doesn't seem to be enjoying herself, and I honestly think she and Maks just don't make a good pair. Nancy's rehearsal package reminded me too much of her TV persona. I thought she was totally ridiculous during the package, although I enjoyed her dance.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I was hoping Maks would go home. I've never liked him and like him even less now. After all that's what the 3 judges are there for, to judge. Maks always acts like he's God's gift to women. WRONG.
    I like Tony or Derek tons better.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just to give my two cents (take it or leave it), but I can understand what Maks is saying. The judges critique the celebrities differently. The ones they "think" should be doing more technical things get knocked for it, when others who really have no chance of being technically good never get called on the technical aspect. They just say it was a lot of fun, or it was better than the dance before. I think Maks' point was for them to be fair equally toward all of the dancers. They sometimes are more picky with certain people. That's just my little old opinion.

Anyway, I really like Maks, but Hope is starting to bug me. The way she holds her mouth while dancing and she's not graceful enough. I think Rob Kardashian is doing a really good job! As sad as I am to see Lacey go, I'm kinda glad Chaz is gone. Now Nancy should be next...oh wait, or Hope. This is based on dancing only.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    And now my 2 cents worth............

Maxs is too big for his britches. He is just too full of himself, just as Cheryl is now too. At least with Cheryl, she knows enough to keep her mouth shut - at least I've never seen any outburst from her in any show that I've watched. And Maxs obviously feels threatened by Derek. Slamming another dancer in any way, is totally uncalled for.

As for the judges - well - they're just judging! For me - half the fun of the show, is waiting to see what's going to come out of Len or Bruno's mouth next. Simon Cowell had it all over them.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, I don't remember him saying anything about Derek. Now, don't get me wrong....I know Maks is arrogant FOR SURE!

And on Karina, I think she is more pleasant this season because her partner is doing well. She usually gets "stuck" with such horrible partners and then she is a sore loser. When the judges would make bad comments you could just see her anger on her face. But this season she is on top so she's happy! And actually Maks is the same way (no wonder they couldn't stay together, they're too much alike...they were engaged for a while..Maks and Karina).

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Oh, I don't remember him saying anything about Derek. Now, don't get me wrong....I know Maks is arrogant FOR SURE!

From the Orlando Sentinel -
    He (Maks) took a swipe at Derek Hough, who has supported the judges. “Derek Hough has been very supportive of his personal career on the show,” Maks said. “If I had Nicole Scherzinger, followed by Jennifer Grey, followed by Ricki Lake, I would probably not be very upset with the judges.”
    source

And Maks seems to view Derek as a "goody-2-shoes", since Derek chooses to be more professional and refrain from any comments to the judges. Maks should take some lessons from him.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    From the Orlando Sentinel -

Quote:
    He (Maks) took a swipe at Derek Hough, who has supported the judges. “Derek Hough has been very supportive of his personal career on the show,” Maks said. “If I had Nicole Scherzinger, followed by Jennifer Grey, followed by Ricki Lake, I would probably not be very upset with the judges.”

source
    Oh yeah, I remember now. But the only thing I thought of when he said this was that he was being rude to his past partners saying they weren't as good as those ladies. Yeah, I'm thinking maybe Maks needs to take a season off.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 10-27-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    And now my 2 cents worth............

Maxs is too big for his britches. He is just too full of himself, just as Cheryl is now too. At least with Cheryl, she knows enough to keep her mouth shut - at least I've never seen any outburst from her in any show that I've watched. And Maxs obviously feels threatened by Derek. Slamming another dancer in any way, is totally uncalled for.

As for the judges - well - they're just judging! For me - half the fun of the show, is waiting to see what's going to come out of Len or Bruno's mouth next. Simon Cowell had it all over them.
    I have never ever liked Cheryl, she thinks she is 'all that'. She's a good dancer but so are the rest of the pro's but she thinks she's better, I don't. I always hope she goes off early and I don't have any use for any of the Kardashions either.

"I've been frosted."

I liked Cheryl up until the past few seasons. She had that pixie-ish personality that I thought was rather cute and charming. Yeah, no disputing that she's a great dancer, but she has just become too "Hollywood" now to suit me, and it's gone to her head.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I know I sound like a broken record, but Derek Hough is incredible. His choreography is so far above and beyond everyone else's. I really wish Ricki wouldn't pucker her mouth like she does, but other than that . . . she is fantastic to watch. I wasn't overly excited with any of the other dances, except for the Team Paso routine. THAT was awesome.

Gotta say this . . . Maks and Hope are quite possibly one of the worst pairings I've ever seen on the show. I just feel bad for her. She is not my favorite, anyway, but she just looks miserable with Maks.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record, but Derek Hough is incredible. His choreography is so far above and beyond everyone else's. I really wish Ricki wouldn't pucker her mouth like she does, but other than that . . . she is fantastic to watch. I wasn't overly excited with any of the other dances, except for the Team Paso routine. THAT was awesome.

Gotta say this . . . Maks and Hope are quite possibly one of the worst pairings I've ever seen on the show. I just feel bad for her. She is not my favorite, anyway, but she just looks miserable with Maks.

I 100% agree with every statement you just posted.