Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars...

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I can't watch even five seconds of Nancy Grace on TV, when she's in her element, but she's been charming and very human on the competition.

I think it's pretty crappy to call her a moron, but that's just my opinion.
    I feel the same way about Nancy Grace and I was surprised that I found myself feeling that way. I really don't understand the moron comment either.

Kari, I also feel the same way about Cheryl. I use to really like her but now I just feel "blah" about her. Can't really pinpoint the change. Pretty much the same thing with Mark also. Love Derek and Maks!

I wasn't disappointed with Elisabetta going home. I didn't really care for her. I did feel sorry for her partner Val though because I'm sure he would have like his first season on the show to last a lot longer and maybe even beat his brother.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    I feel the same way about Nancy Grace and I was surprised that I found myself feeling that way. I really don't understand the moron comment either.

Kari, I also feel the same way about Cheryl. I use to really like her but now I just feel "blah" about her. Can't really pinpoint the change. Pretty much the same thing with Mark also. Love Derek and Maks!

I wasn't disappointed with Elisabetta going home. I didn't really care for her. I did feel sorry for her partner Val though because I'm sure he would have like his first season on the show to last a lot longer and maybe even beat his brother.
    Same here about Nancy Grace. And I really like the relationship between she and Tristan, he's just so gentle with her!

And, I don't know why I don't enjoy Cheryl anymore, either . . . I think she just used to be more smiley and perky, or something. Now she just seems so serious and bored . . . or something.

However, I know exactly why I don't like Mark as much as I used to. It's for crap like he pulled the other night when he knowingly broke the rules in their quickstep and defended it by saying "it fit the music". He's just mouthy and is always defending the choreography, and usually with a stank attitude. I think he should step out of his own genius and realize that it's not about his amazing edgy choreography (which I usually LOVE), it's about helping his partner learn to dance, earn points and get and keep fans.

For example, Karina is not my favorite female pro, but I LOVED the risk she took with the Jive/Lindy Hop (which I agreed was more Lindy). I personally think she took a calculated risk to help earn her partner fans, because their dance was spectacular. He is my favorite contestant, neck and neck with Ricki. But, my point is, she didn't b**ch to the judges about the comments regarding the choreography or the lift she did. She just sorta smiled and shrugged. I think her partner (for the life of me, I cannot remember his name) mentioned in some behind the scenes extras, that it was all jive, but I think it's ok when it's done in a fun, cheeky way, not a cranky aggravated way.

Anyway . . . I'm gonna shut up now haha.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

JR Martinez is Karina's partner. And I really like him. Even though I can't stand Karina! I am glad to see her with a good partner though. She seems to have always been stuck with the "not so good" partners besides Mario Lopez.
    I was sad to see Peta and Val go so early. They are both first timers and didn't get a chance. But I'm not sad to see Elisabetta go. She was not good.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Nancy or Chaz go next. However, I just love Lacey. And I am also starting to like Tristan as well.

It was nice to see Chelsea and Dimitri do a dance during the performance though.

My early prediction of who could win is Chynna or JR.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    JR Martinez is Karina's partner.

My early prediction of who could win is Chynna or JR.
    JR! That's it! Thank you!

I can't see Chynna winning at all, she's not appealing to me at all. My top favorites are JR and Ricki. And, then I'd say Mark's partner (can't remember her name right off either!).
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I have been an avid Anna fan from Season 2. I love her and Carson, even though he can't really dance! J.R. and Karina are my picks to win. I really like them both! Chyna and Tony are good, also. I can't get into Ricki Lake, I like her, but something about her dancing just doesn't grab me, but I've never been a Derek fan, anyway. I love Lacey and she and Chaz are just too cute together. I hope they don't leave for awhile.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Yeah, Carson Kressley! Dance one for all of us dweeby kids who never got picked for sports teams.

And Chynna Phillips -- "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips is one of my very, very favorite songs.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh my goodness, JR & Karina made me cry tonight. Their dance was beautiful.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

They made everyone cry. It was just the most beautiful dance I have ever seen on this show.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    They made everyone cry. It was just the most beautiful dance I have ever seen on this show.
    Agreed!!

My boyfriend came in while I was watching and saw JR and said "whats wrong with him?" in a snotty tone. After I told him he felt very bad and apologized for being rude. I love JR. I love his personality and his smile. I really wish he was dancing with someone other than Karina though. But I still hope they make it far.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

JR is one of my favorites. I liked him when he was on All My Children too. Carson is my other favorite. Is is so fun to watch.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*banging head on desk* I missed it! Rats! I wonder if it's on You Tube, I will look for it. JR is one of the celebrities I'm rooting for.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I can't watch even five seconds of Nancy Grace on TV, when she's in her element, but she's been charming and very human on the competition.
    I've never really watched her show. Last night I was watching her dance and I just wanted her to relax and have fun! She looked so tense and nervous to me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

JR is amazing. Definitely up there as a favorite contestant ever on the show. Hines Ward is my favorite, but JR is really amazing. His dance with Karina was fantastic. I haven't watched the results, yet, but I'd be ok with most of them going home at this point. JR and Ricki are my favorites. JR seems to be really really good for Karina, because that was the most feminine I have ever seen her. She really seems to be affected by and taken with JR, as I can imagine he affects everyone. I think he's incredible.

I just read the story from tonight's show . . . I'm a bit surprised but not upset about the elimination from tonight. Not much personality, and stiff on the dance floor (my opinion), although I would have liked to see more from her! Interesting! I'll skim the show tomorrow!

LOVED LOVED LOVED Derek and Ricki's tango to the theme from Psycho. He is a brilliant choreographer, I cannot believe how amazing that dance was. Beautiful, creepy, tense, magical. Amazing. And I really enjoyed JR's dance to Pink Panther, I have no idea what Carrie Ann's issue was, I thought it was the perfect amount of humor.

Super sad that Chynna's tango went the way it did, I think it would have been amazing. I'd like to see her get the chance to do it again, if for nothing else but for us to see it and her to do it.

I liked Nancy's dance, I think she does great, considering her age, build, and experience performing and dancing. And her partner is super charming, and I really think he brings out the best in her.

Interested to see who goes home tonight. I really can't call it, although I'd be ok seeing pretty much anyone but JR, Ricki, and Carson leave.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    . . . I've never been a Derek fan, anyway.
    Just wondering what you don't like about him? I can see things about everyone else they've ever had on the show, but I just can't see what's unlikeable about Derek and am curious what it is that you dislike.