Thread: Meet the new additions.

Meet the new additions.

I was out with a friend this past Sunday and we always stop in the local pet store ( dr. dooliettles) i completley disagree with the sale and how they treat there animals. But we usualy go in there to play with the puppies and kittens and bunnys and all such critters since they NEVER get any out of cage time. Well on our way out we happened to pass the fish section. I noticed these four little feeder gold fish. they look almost exactly identical. i couldnt leave them there. i asked the woman to bag them up. I took two of them and my friend took the other two. I got them home set up a temporary tank for them. it has rocks and plants. i let the water get to room tempature let the bag sit for a little while then released the fish. As soon as they got into theire new enviorment they were swimming with joy. theire fins went up and just swam around constatly. They seem very healthy. Just wanted to share my wonderfull fishhy adventure. It wont let me upload photos so sorry. oh and any name ideas? Ive chosses ten cent. for the smaller one because hes was only 10 cents. They are white and orange.

Ok it will only let me add the pictures in a new post lol. so here you go

Justin and the pets ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	45016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	45017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	45018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	45019  

Those are very pretty fish for 10 cents, wow. They are my favorite color, orange and white, I think those colored fish are gorgeous And they are Comets too, not Common.

Good for you for saving them Do you plan on getting them a bigger tank?

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Yes i do plan on gettin them a bigger tank. seeing as to how then can get up to 14 inches?! lol. and comets? seems you know alot about them. honestly i dont. could you give me some information?

Sure, Comets are a very basic pond goldfish that are great for beginners because they are very hardy fish and will eat almost whatever you offer them. You can tell they are comets due to their color and their caudal (tail fin). Comets normally have a reddish orange color and come reddish orange with white as well, and their tail fin is much longer and more forked.

The last Comet I owned, her name was Queen, I loved her so much! She grew to be a foot and 2 inches. I eventually let her go in a goldfish pond because she was just not happy anymore in my tank, it seemed I couldn't keep the tank clean enough for her. It was a really sad day, I had her for 3 years.

Anyways, they are a lovely fish, and can grow to be very long. They are also very sociable and love attention

I hope this helped

Kalei

Thanks so much. that was a great help. I also read online that they prefer cold water and do not need a heater because cold water leaves more oxygen in the water? Not sure if that is true or not. But yeah.Thanks again

Congrats on your new fish! They probably would have ended up as food, judging by the price. They are very lucky and cute!

Goldies are also very messy fish so you will need a strong filtration. You would also be best to get a test kit (drip test not test strips as the test strips aren't as accurate) so that you can minitor the amount of ammonia in the water.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by inlovewithanimals View Post
    Thanks so much. that was a great help. I also read online that they prefer cold water and do not need a heater because cold water leaves more oxygen in the water? Not sure if that is true or not. But yeah.Thanks again
    Yup, that's correct. You don't need a heater for goldfish, if you got them a heater it would pretty much be wasting money. Goldfish live in ponds through the winter in ice cold water, so Im sure your room temperature water would feel just perfect to them Almost tropical

Kalei