Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet Merlin **HE'S HOME MAY 7, 2010**

Meet Merlin **HE'S HOME MAY 7, 2010**

I've gone and done it. I've signed some foster-to-adopt papers with the Humane Society. He's coming home with me in May. That will give me lots of time to find a painter and get the work done before his arrival.

http://www.rchs.bc.ca/coppermine/dis...album=1&pos=11

I hope this link will take you directly to his page, if not, scroll through, he is file 12 of 35. We think he was dumped because of his age.

I met him yesterday and it was love at first sight. He was curled up on his favourite "post". He has very low expectations - in other words, he doesn't expect anyone to notice him. He knows he's old and he knows that most of the people visiting the shelter go away with a much younger and more playful furbaby. But that's OK with him. He's very happy at the shelter and he's not bothered by the other kitties at all. He knows he's safe and is so grateful for a warm place to sleep inside and not outside in the streets. I walked over and started talking to him. He started purring right away without me touching him. I stayed with him for over 30 min and pet him alot but didn't attempt to pick him up. I will visit him again today and take some pictures and update this post. I don't know how long he will be with me because he's already 13/14 yrs old but I want to make his last days as happy and full of love as possible.

He was adopted out previously but was returned within a week because the resident cat went berserk when Merlin walked in. Apparently Merlin cased the joint for about an hour, then promptly hopped on the bed and went to sleep. I hope he will be just as "at ease" when he comes home with me.

Now, names anyone????? His tattoo was traced and at the time his name was Merlin but well, Merlin doesn't really suit a orangie in my opinion. Suggestions????
    Last edited by slick; 05-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What a handsome fellow. Bless you for taking in an older cat and live out its senior days in a good environment. I'll have to see if I can come up with some names for you....

Mermalade?

What a sweet looking boy! I hope you have time to visit and bond with him. Looking forward to more pics. He is GORGEOUS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My boy, Mac is 13 and I don't think of him as old at all. He's just my kitty and that is that. My boyfriend's kitty, Tomas, lived to be 22, so you may have a few years with this handsome gentleman! Yeah, your heart will let you know if there's a connection, and you two knew right away! Instead of Merlin, you could call him Magic.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Michael and Miquelito love that fact that your adopting Owesome Orange!!
    They are suggesting Orangeous as hes such a Gorgeous Cat.

He looks very good which sadly suggests that he was abandoned just recently after having a Furrever Home for many years
    A Pox on anyone who would do that to a Dear Old Fellow like this WonderCat
    I know that Max and Speckles were with you when you first met , and they are so happy and excited , telling him that this is Your New Meeeowmie!!!
    This is such Great News!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw slick i can so see why you fell in love with this handsome boy, he is beautiful,and even if he is an elderly puss, i am sure you will have many happy years with him, and how sweet of you to take in an elderly puss, how about Marlon, or is that too like Merlin?or perhaps Mick or Mickey.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Slick he's so handsome! I'm glad you and him got along so well

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Vicki, what a wonderful act of kindness in adopting Merlin! I dunno, I kinda like his name. I think he's a magical cat b/c he was able to work his magic to the point that you signed the papers. No, he isn't a youngun but 13/14 isn't all that old. My 18 yr. old Boo is sitting on my lap right now and, as you know, my RB Pidgie lived to be nearly 22. So my wish for you is that you'll have many more happy years together. You both deserve it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I love him!!! I am so happy for you both. Once you get to know him better he may fit a different name.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

He's gorgeous. Are you still going to get Puddy too? Just wondering.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Wonderful news!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I kinda like Merlin as a name as it's magical. I'm sorry you have to wait until May to get him - any chance you can get your place redone before that time?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

You could call him Merl for short.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Awww, he is adorable!! I think it is WONDERFUL that you are taking in a senior kitty. That was my wish, but I just can't with Paizly.
    I think you should wait until you get him home, or visit him some more before you decide on a name. But I also like Merlin, it's not so bad.
    Congrats Slick!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Slick, I think this is FABULOUS! It looks like you were meant for each other. As for the name - sorry, I have to be with some others and say I love it. The legend of Camelot is one of my favorite stories and I'm attached to Merlin. If you'd like to borrow anything about the name that might make you change your mind, let me know - I even have the program (mini series) on tape.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!