Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-800 Pet Meds

I order from PetMeds for my Border Collie Mix, Mickey. They've always been very pleasant to work with. When I told them what I was paying at the vets they came in quite a bit under that price. I have a year's prescription and just go on-line and reorder with a couple clicks.

Mickey's Mom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was horrified at my 2002 response. I would never use the mail order thing again for any of my own pets, these days. My vet will not provide prescriptions for anything "online", either. He is so good to us that I will just rely on his generosity and pay full price to insure that the Frontline Plus (for our dogs), Revolution (for our cat), and heartworm meds come from him and no one else.

Logan

My vet charges $16 for a 6 months supply of heartguard for a 40 pound dog.

I had heard that frontline, advantage, and heartguard claim they do not offer their products for sale through 1800petmeds. The stuff is there, but the companies say they have nothing to do with it.

pet meds also offers a free dog bone or catnip with their orders. They ship it in the box free with the meds. I have heard of dogs smelling the treats and getting into the boxes when they box is left where the dog can get it. Its not in the best interest of any animal with a nose to send treats and medicine together. So when you get the box, make sure you open it right away and put the medicine where the pets can't get it rather than leaving it sit.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Question for the 1-800 and Internet Purchasers:

Where do you get your Prescription from??
    * Does your regular Vet give you a signed Rx: Prescription for the medicine
    * Does the selling pharmacy NOT require a written prescription
    * Does the selling pharmacy "provide you with a Doctor's prescription

/s/ ?? Phred

I order Interceptor and K9 Advantix from Drsfostersmith.com. They DO require a perscription for Interceptor, which my vet signs. They DO NOT require a perscription for K9 Advantix.

The Interceptor is significantly less expensive. It looks the exact same & works great.

My vet doesn't offer K9 Advantix, so I buy online. Neither Frontline or Advantage worked for my pups, so I decided to try K9 Advantix & am very happy with it.
    Penny Lane & Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by flowergirl
    The Interceptor is significantly less expensive. It looks the exact same & works great.

Hmmm, at our hospital Interceptor is THE most expensive heartworm med you can get. We typically use Heartgard Plus or Tri-Heart Plus and can beat PetMeds price by a few dollars.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    I had heard that frontline, advantage, and heartguard claim they do not offer their products for sale through 1800petmeds. The stuff is there, but the companies say they have nothing to do with it.
    They get their products from either unethical vets in the US that sell it illegally for a profit not caring how it's used/prescribed/sold, OR they get it from foreign companies and it's not approved for use in the US by the FDA.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm a cat person, and I do order Revolution online - from Canada.

PET DRUGS

I was looking for a place to buy the Revolution cheaper. We give it year round to 4 cats, and that got quite pricey. I found it at Pet Drugs for a significant savings (we save about $300/year) over my Vet. And, best of all, no prescription needed in Canada for this med.

I called to double check, then ordered. Product came within 14 days - from Australia. It's made by Pfizer, same as here. Same packaging, same everything. Have been buying from them for just over a year - no trouble, and our Vet knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711
    Hmmm, at our hospital Interceptor is THE most expensive heartworm med you can get. We typically use Heartgard Plus or Tri-Heart Plus and can beat PetMeds price by a few dollars.
    I meant costs less on-line than at my vet.
    Penny Lane & Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by flowergirl
    I meant costs less on-line than at my vet.
    Well I suppose not all vets have as competetive pricing on those items as my boss does. We go out of our way to keep prices down on medications, which is why we very rarely use either Sentinal or Interceptor, but rather use Heartgard or Tri-heart.