Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-800 Pet Meds

1-800 Pet Meds

Has anyone ordered from this website? https://www.1800petmeds.com/ Are they really less expensive then getting it from the vets? I have 2 months (including october)of heartworm tablets left for Nebo, so I know I'm going to have to get more soon.

Haven't tried them yet, but I'm almost out of stuff too! iwas going to post the same question! They sure do a lot of advertising!

I have found that you can save a lot of money ordering through the mail. Heartworm medication and some of the others have to have a prescription accompanying them, but you can get your Frontline and other things without a prescription. I found one recently called www.EntirelyPets.com and the heartworm medication was about half the price of what I had just paid at the vet's office. I have also ordered from www.healthypets.com .

Wow, Logan!! 5000 posts! I just noticed!!! Congrats!!

Hehehe!!!! What a blabbermouth I am!!

I didn't notice either!!! Of course, there's almost 1000 under my old sign in name (lhg0962), so I'm a HUGE blabber mouth!

I didn't notice you had 5000 posts!! Congrats to you, Logan!!

Thanks for the great links!!

The prices at entirelypets.com for rimadyl and frontline/plus beat what the vet charges me. Looks like I may be shopping there for those things.

Compared to what our vet charges there isn't much difference between the vet and pet meds. In fact pet meds is a dollar more than our vet.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

It depends on your vet & the meds. At my vet the advantage is cheaper but the interceptor is not. But by the time I add S&H charges my vet still comes cheaper. My friend on the other hand says pet meds is cheaper than her vet. Also you do not have to leave your house for pet meds.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I found this thread from 2002, as I was wondering about ordering from Pet Meds.

Does anyone have any recent experiences?

My vet told me something like . . . if you get a price from Pet Meds, have it faxed to us. If we can meet it we will call you. If we can't, we will order from them and you can get it from us for that price.

Granted, I'd still have to run over to the vet's office; but he will pick up any shipping and handling fees.

Any other sites folks suggest?

I need: dogs - Interceptor, and Frontline Plus; cats: Revolution.

Thanks anyone with recent experiences!

I remember looking up the pricing for the 1-800 petmeds site and
    at that time their price was about $5 less than my vet's price. I never followed through on ordering then, but also would like to here more current experiences with online ordering.These meds seem more expensive than ever.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

BE CAREFUL with the mail-order Meds!

Dunno, folks ... I've asked our Doc Mike about these mail-order "bargins" ...
    and he repeats the same cautions:

* If the price is only a couple dollars less, WHY bother?
    * If the price is a LOT less - he'll guarantee it's not the "same stuff" as he sells!

Both Doc and the Staff Girls have had clients bring in the meds they've "mail-ordered" -
    and the Packaging is NOT the same as the known Brand Name drug!
    They showed a less than half price Heartgard Plus to the Factory Rep ...
    He pointed out the many differences in the packaging graphics, then they looked
    at the "chewies" ...
    Not even a faint resemblance to the Real Thing!
    "No WAY those things came from the Merial production line!" he said.

Doc has assured me the same things happens with the Flea & Tick meds ...
    you only get the REAL Name Brand stuff if you PAY for it!

I've read of enough well documented cases of "knock-offs" being sold to make
    me value the "extra cost" to buy from my Vet and KNOW the FurKids are really
    getting what they need.

And that Same Doc Mike has NEVER had a problem telling me to go to Wally's World
    and buy a generic, over-the-counter drug when he feels it's suitable!
    And he's written scripts to have filled at WalMart when the plain ole Human drug
    will work or be the same as the "high-priced Vet flavour" he has to sell is.

/s/ Phred

http://www.ryanspet.com/ryanspet/default.asp

I get my pet supplies from Ryanspet.com. They are much cheaper than the vet.

Where I work petmeds we generally beat petmeds prices by a few dollars and that's not counting petmeds s & h charge.

I dunno about everywhere, but in my area there is no prescription needed for Frontline. Around here some vets claim you have to have an appt. to get frontline rather than just pick some up, but that's alot of baloney, they're just trying to suck your money without reason. Although most vets do require that you are a client there at some point in the past.

As to the 'knock off' brands, there is ALOT of truth to that!! Just think of the recent Colgate recall!

I would never buy any drug (for my cats or my family) from an internet pharmacy regardless of the price difference (if any). When I buy from my local pharmacy/dr/vet I know the meds are authentic, stored properly, have proper instructions (as well as those dispensing it can help explain the dosages/application) AND they are backed with the full guarantee of the manufacturers. NONE of that can be said for any internet pharmacy.

Excerpt from the FDA's website...

If prices are dramatically lower than the competition, or if no prescription from your doctor is required. As a result, FDA strongly cautions consumers about purchasing drugs from any of these Web sites which may be involved in the distribution of counterfeit drugs and reiterates previous public warnings about buying prescription drugs online.

Other sources for info on internet sales of medicines.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2...380043448a.txt

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/jun02/s020601a.asp

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug02/020815e.asp

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/may02/s020515f.asp

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I might go this kind of route for Bear, as it'll save me over 10.00/100 pills!! FOr me 10.00 is a gret savings!
    Shes on Hypothyroid meds at 0.8