Thread: It's Been A Long Time

Hybrid View

It's Been A Long Time

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I have been back on here and talked to anyone. I hope some of you will remember me. I'm sorry that I have been gone so long and thank you to anyone who pm'd me while I was away. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to come on here again. Not because I don't like this place, I LOVE PetTalk, but because of my life. I was just unhappy, and felt so ashamed that I had gotten rid of some animals due to my parents.

Anyways, here I am! I couldn't stay away forever :P Well, alot has happened since I was last on. About a year ago, I moved out of my parents house and moved in with (my boyfriend's at the time) parents, now he is my fiance. I still currently live with his parents and we are getting married on October 2nd this year! It is very exciting!

I am still on terms with my parents and talk with them and see them almost everyday, but I think it worked out better that I moved out. I found out that Bobo lived to be 17 and a half, but he was finally put to sleep and the vet said he had a serious sinus infection, and he had lost alot of weight. I will always miss him more than anything, and he is still a huge part of my life even though he is gone. I have his ashes in a nice wooden box, and an 8x10 picture of him on my wall, as well as many other memorabilia of him.

Away from the sad stuff, I still have a good amount of pets! I still have my 55gallon fish tank which has 6 goldfish in it. My fiance and I have a very cute bunny named Hojo, he is a really nice rabbit. Plus, we have a second 55 gallon that has cichlids, two angelfish, catfish, and a shark in it. And of course I still have the crazy Kalypso!! She doesn't live with me, because his parents don't like cats and litter, so she still lives with my parents, but I get to see her everyday! And come October 2nd, I will get to have her with me forever when we move into our own place. I just can't wait!

Anyways, sorry for the novel everyone. I should probably post some pictures of my current fish and my bunny, and Kalypso lol.

Here is a picture of me and my fiance, his name is Daniel, we were together when I was on here previously, so some of you might remember me being with him.

I can't wait to see all your pets again and know how they are doing!

Kalei, I saw one of your old posts and thought of you the other day! I am glad to hear everything is well on your end, and CONGRATULATIONS on the propsal! I am sorry to hear about Bobo, I know you loved him very much May he RIP. I am glad to hear all your other pets are well, and I hope you stick around more often. Do you still have your horse?

You may remember me, Maltese_love was my former username. I had a maltese named Sassy who we had to put down in June 2008. I now have a new dog, named Mikey as you can see in my siggy.

Aw, that is sad news. May Sassy RIP as well. Thank you for replying to my thread I do plan to stick around more often now. I feel better about myself all together and am a happier person. Plus, I won't have to feel ashamed about my animals anymore, because I won't have to give any up anymore due to parents

I can't wait to move out in October, I will feel so free!

Your new dog Mikey is some cute too! My newest addition was my bunny Hojo, I will post pictures of him soon

I wondered where ya was! Good to see you!

So sorry to hear about Bobo. Both in Dog and Cat Memorial, heart-furbabies have gone to the Bridge. The beginning of this year was quite heartbreaking.

But congratulations on your engagement. Looking forward to more of your wonderful pics of bunnies and fish and Kalypso - oh, and even Daniel!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I wondered where ya was! Good to see you!

So sorry to hear about Bobo. Both in Dog and Cat Memorial, heart-furbabies have gone to the Bridge. The beginning of this year was quite heartbreaking.

But congratulations on your engagement. Looking forward to more of your wonderful pics of bunnies and fish and Kalypso - oh, and even Daniel!
    Wow! Thanks so much Catty1 It means alot to me for your happy welcoming! I can't wait to post some pictures...I'm trying to download a photo editor, but my computer is so old and dying all the time, I'm not sure if it will work so good or not lol. But I am trying.

Thanks very much on the engagement as well We are very excited! That is sad to hear that many furbabies have passed on, at least we know they are not suffering anymore, that's the best part.

p.s. If I can't get my photo editor to download, is there anyone out there willing to make a cute signature for me?

I was just thinking about you the other day too! I was thinking about Bobo and Kalypso. I'm so glad to see you back. And a HUGE congrats on the engagement.
    I'm not sure which animals I had last time you were on, but I lost my Taz on 7/2/09. So I know the pain you are feeling about Bobo.

Welcome back and I can't wait to see pictures.

I requested a siggy too in the graphics thread. I guess people don't look there too often.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

HEY! I remember you..it's so good to hear from you and I am so glad that you are finally happy! You're getting married? Wow! That must be exciting!! I'm so sorry to hear about Bobo though :[ but he lived to be old and was happy during those 17 years so I think that's what counts ;] I'd love to see pics of all your animals! That'd be cool ;]
    We have lots of animals too!! lol but my baby is my maltese named Angel..I'd send pics of her too but I don't know how ;[ lol...anyways it was good hearing from ya!! I hope you stick around now ;]
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Welcome back. I remember you. I'm so sorry to hear about Bobo. May he RIP.

I had to put down my Starr on 7-1-09 because his health was declining. He had Colitis and IBD and the medicine he was on made him gain too much weight which in the end really effected his health. Now I found out in early Dec. 2009 that my cat Sunny has an aggressive type of oral cancer. My vet said that he has about 3-5 months left. It's now been almost 3 months since I found out and I'm trying to keep him as comfortable as possible. There's been way too much sadness on PT lately. Congrats on your engagement. I wish you both the best.

Kalei......how ya goin old mate. I remember you from before.
    Welcome back.
    And...........congrats

"I'm Back !!"

Good to see you Kalei! I'm sorry about Bobo. Would love to see some pics of Hojo!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Welcome back, Kalei. I'm very sorry to read about Bobo's passing. Seventeen is a really long life and I'm sure that he can breathe freely and easily now; no more sinus problems. RIP, Bobo.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11