Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom Finds Snake Head in Frozen Green Beans

Mom Finds Snake Head in Frozen Green Beans

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587205,00.html

Maybe being a vegetarian isn't such a good thing?

"A mother of four found a snake head in a bag of frozen green beans while cooking for her family in Houston, Texas, MyFoxPhoenix.com reported Monday.

Ernestine Jamison said she opened the bag of Pictsweet frozen cut green beans last month to find what she first thought was a rock.

"I saw something in there I wasn’t for sure what it was. I thought it was a rock because it was hard," Jamison said.

But upon further review, the Jamison family concluded the green and black frozen object nestled in their dinner was a severed snake head.

"When I saw it was a snake's head I just threw it down and called my kids and said I got a snake head in the green beans, everybody said 'Oh lord, you got a snake head in the green beans'," Jamison said.

After the screaming subsided, 15-year-old Sarah Jamison grabbed her camera and took video and pictures of their uninvited dinner guest.

"I saw big eyes, with a mouth open and a tongue coming out, it looked like it was ready to attack," she said.

Jamison called Pictsweet, and they offered her $150.

But she wasn’t looking for money and turned it down.

A letter sent by the company’s insurance provider to Jamison claims Pictsweet "is not responsible for this accident," and they are "denying liability".

The company also claims it wasn’t a snake head - it was a frog head.

"But it's still gross whether it's a frog or snake," said Jamison.

Now Jamison has to try harder than ever to get her children to eat their greens.

"Vegetables, umm, I don't look at vegetables the same, I never really liked the vegetables but like now I can't even go near vegetables," 17-year-old Mariam Jamison said.

MyFoxPhoenix attempted to contact Pictsweet several times in recent weeks to respond to the report, but calls were not returned."

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Gross!!! I never did like green beans..........

I once got a nut (as in nut & bolt) from a piece of machinery in some deli potato salad - and a broken tooth as a result!

They paid my dental bill.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I got a grasshopper in some triple washed spinach...now I do indeed wash it again...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Green beans are nasty as it is, a snake head?! Ew.....I don't know what I would've done. I like snakes but that's disgusting, and how is company supposed to know what kind of head it is?? Who cares it's still GROSS!

My mom found a little green frog in a bag of prewashed salad.
    Ugh....

It sounds as though Pictsweet needs a good health inspection and new quality control procedures!!

Their reaction (lawyer) isn't too swift either - I bet with lots of publicity he would change his tune!!

Oh, so if it's a frog's head, you're not supposed to mind finding it in your frozen green beans?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Oh, so if it's a frog's head, you're not supposed to mind finding it in your frozen green beans?
    I was thinking that too. But it does look more like a frog to me instead of a snake. But either way........ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

EEEWWWWW!!! lol Once my little brother was eating a caramel bar "Little Debbie" and when he bit down there was a staple in the bar. My mom contacted the place and they sent us a huge box of little debbie cakes and my brother some little debbie toy cars
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I thought the same thing!

A mate of mine bought a tin of nuts one Xmas, with one of those pull top lids.
    He opened it and there was a workmans greasy old workglove in it. Naturally it was from China.

"I'm Back !!"

Hee hee......yeah, thats the way I read it to.

"I'm Back !!"

They might have something there. . .like the frozen dinners that have chicken and vegetables. this could be the new exotic gourmet version of snake (or frog) and green beans!!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Next time you buy a packet of beans, read the small print.....it should say something like "This Product Contains No Nuts, Frog heads or Snakes, But May Contain Small traces Of Mexican Walking Fish". I do !!!! And if that is written on the packet, I simply don't buy it !!!!

"I'm Back !!"

Thats why I buy mine fresh. I expect to find critters in it, so I wash it & then I freeze it. Its also WAY cheaper to buy fresh & freeze it yourself...