Thread: Horse Racing?

Horse Racing?

My Molly just loves to do this "horse race" running on the hardwood floor upstairs. She SOUNDS like a horse when she does it. I like hearing it from downstairs when I'm awake.
    Sometimes one of the others will join her, but most often this is a solo race game of hers. From one bedroom to the other--there is a straight path through one large bedroom, the small hall and into the other smaller bedroom--and of course the stairs to make it more interesting.

But last Thursday after I stayed up way past my normal bed time watching Evan Lysacek win the Gold medal in mens figure skating, was excited and kind of caught a second wind and really needed to get to sleep...Molly decided that 12:30-2:30am was a FINE time to have this solo horse racing going on!!! Sure Molly, you can sleep all day the next day, but I can't!

An 11 lb. cat can sound huge on hardwood floor in the middle of the quiet night!
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Try having two of them racing out of the kitchen, through the living room, down the hall, and into the bedroom and up and over the bed...several times. Of course, one of them always lands on my stomach! Oh well, they're healthy!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm lucky my bed is not in-line with the path Molly, and sometimes Kit, too, uses for the race track upstairs!

And luckily, they don't do this in the middle of the night often at all. I think it happened that night because of me being up so much later than usual...instead of all of us settling for the night at the usual time, we were all up late and we all sort of caught a second wind. I probably wouldn't have fallen right to sleep that night anyway.

Generally, though, I love seeing and hearing them play their chase games. If I can't see them, I always try to guess by the sound which one or two of them it is.

It's a "herd of elephants" around here.

How these tiny little furkids can make SO much noise - especially when I know that they can jump down from the dresser and land really quietly if they are sneaking up on one another.

Here the track goes from the family room through the kitchen into the front living room, where they use the recliner as a spring board and take off again. that recliner is often in the "back all the way down" position, he hee.

LOL!
    I love when the girls get to running upstairs when we have company...they look up and say "what the he** is that?" or "I thought you had cats not elephants?!"

Same here, Sandie - we always called it "herd of elephants". That's because there usually were TWO thundering along at the same time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

hehehe I've always called it a Heard of Elephants as well. however it wasn't with light kitties, it was with large dogs The walls would shake & you could feel & hear the power in the run... It had been a long time since I had heard any Elephants, but when I'm at my boyfriend's place his land lady has 2 Greyhounds & those buggers get crazy excited when she comes home & you'd swear there was 6 of them up there LOL