Thread: Anyone here got a Drinkwell water fountain??

Anyone here got a Drinkwell water fountain??

I have one and it's leaking near the motor. It needs the little black washer to keep the fluid in. I've got a bowl of water down now, just waiting for Bad A$$ Buddy to knock it over.

If anyone who has one isn't using it, or it's broken, would you mind sending me the washer??? You'll have to go to the bottom of the fountain and twist off the motor. If you've taken it apart and cleaned it before, you'll know what I'm talking about.

When I first got the fountain and set it up, I found the washer floating in the water well. I figured it was an extra and just tossed it. DUH!!!

Can anyone help me? Or does anyone know where I can get a washer online. I've gone to Drinkwell.com and didn't find anything. Only filters and water gardens.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I wish I could help. I have the fountain but Logan needs it. Good luck!!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kimmy,

I'm thinking about jury-rigging it with an elastic band from work (we have the semi-thick kind that I think will work).

Hope things are well with you, girl! Give the fur kids smoochies from their auntie Donna.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I have one that my guys use, but I'll look at it to see what the thingie is and maybe make a recommendation for a home fix.

Thanks!

Ok, now that I spilled water all over, I have no idea what plastic washer! I didn't see annything. How small is it?

If you take the motor out, it should be around the opening where the little propellar thingy is. I'm going to try a hardware store. I'll bring the motor with me. Maybe they have washers I can use.

*sigh* I don't need this.

Kim,

I've been lucky that Bad A$$ Buddy hasn't knocked over the water bowl.

If its as small as I think it should be, then I have some black rubber washers at work that will be the solution. They are small.... the interior hold is about 1/8" and the entire grommet is 1/4"-ish

Try calling the company and asking if they can send the part.

I have a Petmate that had the cap to the reseviour (sp?) break. No such part listed on their website, or anywhere else for that matter. I called the company and explained what the part was I needed and they shipped it to me free of charge!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

My friend Dorothy has a Drinkwell she's not using and said I could have it.

Kim,

Give it a try!!It's a simple things as a washer. If I can fix it, I'll have a second fountain that I'm donating to a shelter.

I fixed it!!! I brought a bunch of elastic bands home and jury rigged it with an elastic band until I can get another REAL washer for it!!