Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Morning Sickness???

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    There is some kind of tea...I can't remember which one, that is supposed to help. And, there was some sort of little sucky candies, too. LOL, don't remember those, either. I bet if you google it you will find it.

I never had morning sickness. In fact, I ate like there was no tomorrow from day one to delivery. LOL, and then spent the next 5 years trying to lose it all.
    I'm sorry your daughter is so sick. I never got morning sickness at all with either of my two kids but it sounds just horrible Poor thing! I can't ever wish for something like morning sickness, but I may not have gotten so darn fat with my pregnancies if I had morning sickness, my problem was that I wanted to eat non-stop with my pregnancies. At some of the maternity stores like Motherhood Maternity, they sell these little lollypops called "Preggy Pops" and many of my friends who suffered from morning sickness said they were wonderful.

I have a friend that carried around slices of lemon and would smell it if she started feeling sick. It seemed to really help her. *shrugs*

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

As a former pharmacist I used to recommend mint/peppermint, flat gingerale or ginger tea and something called SeaBands (http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm). You can buy the Seabands at your local pharmacy. But if the N&V doesn't stop there are medications that your daughter can use. There comes a point in any pregnancy where if she isn't eating or keeping anything down it can cause problems for the baby (because they are not getting enough nutrition). If this continues past three months, she should re-evalute the situation with her MD.

Good luck

OH yeah I totally forgot about the seabands. i used those too they helped a bit

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com