Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I've been AWOL

Why I've been AWOL

Hi PT Friends;

I'm sorry that I haven't been around lately and I would like to give you a little update as to why.

Most of you know that last June I had to have my beloved Willy PTS due to cancer which just devastated me.

Then the beginning of July I took in an adorable Himalayan that unfortunately was left behind with another cat in an apartment when their owner, I had later heard, had died. These two cats were left without food or water, so when this female was brought to me, she was very emaciated. (Someone else had taken the male.) Brought her to the vets and found out she was about 7 years old and about a month pregnant. Because of her weakened condition, it was too risky to put her under to abort the babies and have her spayed. We decided we were going to keep her and find homes for her babies. But unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. She started to be ill near the end of July and I had her tested for Feline Aids/Leukemia. She tested positive for Leukemia. We had to have her PTS a week before she was due to give birth.

Then the beginning of October, I was given a sweet adorable little girl kitty by my neighbour because their dog wanted to eat it. I fell head over heels for this kitten. The person told me that she was 3 months old, but the vet confirmed she was only 6 weeks. She was the most loveable, adorable, precious little girl and was going to be a part of our family. After having her for only 5 days, she started to have seizures late at night. She had 3 of them which lasted for less then a minute, but were about 20 minutes apart. Then they stopped. It was so devastating to me to see this sweet thing go through this. Then early in the morning she started again and this time they were more severe. She had 3 in a row again, but this time they lasted for close to a minute and were about 10 minutes apart. Since I couldn't take off work, my hubby brought her to our vet first thing in the morning. Unfortunately on the way there, she took another one. Upon examining her, the vet said that it wasn't good. She was so lethargic and her heart rate was very low. He said the next seizure could kill her. My hubby called me to tell me this and we made the decision to have her PTS. We could not let this precious Angel suffer another minute.
    This took a very heavy toll on me.

Then we had to have our beloved dog, Buddy, PTS 1 1/2 weeks ago on Feb. 4. He was 17 years old and his health was starting to decline. His bad days were starting to outway his good days. What really clenched our decision was, on that day he started to pee blood. He was my best friend, my little shadow and the best little Lhasa Apso that anyone could ever own. I will make a proper memorial for him when I feel up to it.

So needless to say, I have been pretty down in the dumps, but starting to feel a bit better.

Sorry for the long thread. I just wanted to let you know why I haven't been on lately.

Take care
    Lorraine
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 02-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh Lorraine, we have missed you!

(((((Hugs))))) to you for all you have been through; I can't imagine the heartbreak you have been subject to and I had no idea sweet Willy was so ill. I'm so sorry for all the hurt.

You have been such a godsend to so many unfortunate animals. Without you their last days would have been unendurable. Your love and caring made a difference in their lives.

If I could take some of the sadness I surely would, just so you would feel better. Don't forget those here on PT who care for you. We are here for you always.

Renate
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Oh, what a sad time you have had lately. I am sure Buddy and Angel are comparing notes up at the Rainbow Bridge, and you will see them all together again one fine day.

You'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry!!!! My heart breaks for you. Losing one baby is bad enough. More than that is unbearable! Prayers on the way for you and your family and the rb fuzzies.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well it's lovely to see you again.

I'm so sorry that you have had such a horrific time since losing Willy. I certainly hope that the rest of the year will be better for you.

Kisses to all your furbabies.

Lorraine - I got your message about Buddy, but I had no idea you had been through so much devastation with the other furbabies.

You opened your heart to the helpless ones, and your heart was broken. Bless you for being there for them.

Hugs to you, and many prayers.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. You have been through more than your share of saddness. Hopefully things will begin to look UP for you soon.

So much sadness. I am so sorry for your losses. Prayers for peace
    and a better year ahead.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sorry for your losses, but it's a good sign you're feeling up to posting, that's a bit of progress at least. {{{hugs}}}
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Missed you; glad you are back.

Oh my what a time you've had. Take your time to recover, that is a lot.

An as Candace said, bless you for being there for the ones who needed you.

You will see all your precious babies in Heaven. God has an especially grand reunion planned for you and your furkids! Those who help his little ones earn their wings in grand fashion! I do hope the rest of the year is good for you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Lorraine,
    Thank you for your kindness about my sweet Scooter Bug. The kindness you offered means even more to me, knowing that you put aside your own hurt to send me words of comfort.

I am not very good with words, but please know I am thinking about you. Your kindness and generosity towards animals (and people too!) goes above and beyond.

Many prayers are being said for you.

Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.

I don't want anyone though to think that, I think, I take the passing of my animals harder than anyone else, because I do not feel that way at all.

Everyone handles their grief differently. Grief is as individual as each person. There are no hard and fast rules. I do not handle mine very well at times and keep to myself longer than I really should. As you all know, the loss of such a precious pet can be a very hard load to bear.
    I have a very good hubby who knows when to step back and when to step in when it gets to hard for me.

You are my PT friends who care and truely understand what it is like to lose one or more of our beloved animals. Please know that your kind words, prayers and understanding are truely appreciated and mean a lot to me.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you all.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Lorraine,
    It's great to see you posting here again. I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had so many losses and so much sadness. I hope that the rest of the year will be good to you, your furkids, and your family. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Lorraine, it's good to see you back but so sad that you've had such a rough time of it. That's too much for nearly anyone to bear. You gave your pregnant cat and your kitten as much love as you could in the brief time that they were w/you. Buddy had a longer stint on earth which sometimes makes it more difficult, doesn't it? I know you miss his sweet face after being w/you for so long. I do hope that things stabilize for you now and that the sadness will diminish and only the good memories will remain. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11