Thread: Cobweb eating?

Cobweb eating?

Ed has been embarrassing me lately.

He's climbing into corners and eating the cobwebs there!!!!

Remember I am a man and have a standard for cobwebs in the home.......I don't bother them, if they don't bother me!

He's forced me to begin to do an early spring cleaning!

Does anyone else's cat do this?

Yuppers, ole Boots, da Kat, used to de-web the Ranch on a reglar basis.

And oh boy - do they ever *show up* on a BLACK kat!

He loved to stir some up with his tail;
    then jump on the 'Kliner armrest; turn tail towards me;
    and give a nice Tail-to-Face Slap =

Nothing finer than a fresh cobweb plastered all over your nose, mouth and glasses.

Hmm, maybe ether's spiders in the webs? Or he wants to be the only fluffy thing around ...

Maybe you could hire him out to other bachelors/non-house keepers!
    I've Been Frosted

Heck, he can come to my house anytime! My boys are of no use whatsoever when it comes to cobwebs. Now Ming will go under the bed and tackle the dust bunnies, but he doesn't "do" cobwebs.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Eeeeeewwww!!! At least MY cats get more protein by eating the actual spiders!!! Of course they must torture and play with it first, before chowing down. My prize spider/bug eater is Shortie, hands down!!!

Spider webs are made of silk. The Edster has expensive taste.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I tell people that I have my own website, generally in the corners that are hard to get to.
    I have seen My Cats eat Spiders , but noth the web.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My webs are usually up near the ceiling. I've never noticed one of the cats eating them though. Taz ate any bug that he could find, but I never saw him eat the web.
    Maybe Ed is lacking something that the cobweb can give him? Maybe his silk is too low?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Maybe his silk is too low?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...highlight=Silk

My RB C-Fer would always lick the cobwebs between the railings when he was on the back gallery. I tried to tell him that it was the spiders(I hate spiders)that I wanted him to get, not just the cobwebs. I could never figure out why he did this though.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Mystic does it all the time. We call her our webbing-girl. She is very thorough too. As you can see from this picture she really a little overboard for them.

and sometimes can get a little stuck.....

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by catlover4ever View Post
    Mystic does it all the time. We call her our webbing-girl. She is very thorough too. As you can see from this picture she really a little overboard for them.

and sometimes can get a little stuck.....

Poor baby, not the kind of picture that shows the flattering side of a woman?

Re: Cobweb eating

My cat was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) almost three years ago. I have come to associate his cobweb eating with his nausea, as it often coincides with flare ups of his IBD symptoms. If I see him rushing around eating cobwebs or sitting sort of hunched up, I know that vomiting is probably in his future or that it may have already started and I need to check for wet spots.

On a side note, I've recently discovered that a weird chewing he used to do sometimes is actually teeth grinding. Teeth grinding in cats is associated with excess stomach acid.

Sometimes these strange things they do are actually symptoms of something else and not just cute behavior.

I have those blown ceilings and somehow dust bunnies get up there and cling to an especially rough spot up there.. So far my babies haven't noticed it doing it's gentle waving when the a/c or heater blows and make it move but I know that would drive them nuts if it did... Until then, it drives ME nuts!

I find enough fur balls that have been thrown up without having them eating cob webs..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I wonder if I can train my cats to do that? They should do something to earn their keep around here other than being adorable.

Cobweb Eating

I have a 15 year old Tonkinese that is now vomiting about every three or 4 days, usually soon after I feed her some "Wet" tin food in the morning. Then after she chucks up she will often look for cobwebs to eat. I have tried cutting right back on tin food and in smaller portions which helps somewhat.
    Have been feeding both my Tonkinese cats "Hills Science" dry food also.
    Will be visiting the vet soon.
    Did you find a cure or remedy that eased the symptoms for the IBD disease that you speak about ??

Quote Originally Posted by auntieomega View Post
    My cat was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) almost three years ago. I have come to associate his cobweb eating with his nausea, as it often coincides with flare ups of his IBD symptoms. If I see him rushing around eating cobwebs or sitting sort of hunched up, I know that vomiting is probably in his future or that it may have already started and I need to check for wet spots.

On a side note, I've recently discovered that a weird chewing he used to do sometimes is actually teeth grinding. Teeth grinding in cats is associated with excess stomach acid.

Sometimes these strange things they do are actually symptoms of something else and not just cute behavior.