Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I no longer work at the Pharmacy.

I no longer work at the Pharmacy.

I worked there for 3 weeks. I hated going each and every day, but I told myself I'd do it because it paid good money. BUT....the pharmacist (who has known my mom for 20 yrs) has got to be one of the most rudest and unthoughtful people. I learned he is VERY rude to his customers, he makes the other employees cry by yelling at them and he brings his dog inside the pharmacy EVERY day and lets it drool and slobber on EVERYTHING and anytime you sit down in a chair dog hair gets ALL over you. I wouldn't normally complain about a dog-I love dogs-we have 8-but I guess it's the fact that it's his dog... He was very rude on several different occasions to me when I think he could have just said it in a nice way. I don't wanna go into detail about the things he said, but every day he had some sarcastic remark about something that I was doing. He wanted me to stay over a few hours one day and I told him I couldn't that I had to be at Chickfila at 4 and he said that he couldn't work around Chickfila's schedule that they would have to work around his. I understand he needed me to work and it would probably be easier for Chickfila if I told them when/what times I could work so I could work at the Pharmacy when he needed me to, but he was also very rude about that and I feel as if he could have been nicer about it; especially since he's known my mother for so long. Anyways after he told me that I called him the next day and thanked him for the job and told him I appreciated it but that I guess I have decided to find me another job. He called my mom later and was very ugly to her about it. I just didn't wanna work there anymore. It had got to where I dreaded going to work because I hated hearing his mouth run 5 hours a day almost every day of the week. I don't think anyone should have to work anywhere if they hate it. I understand some people have jobs that they don't like and they have to deal with it because they have no other choice, but since I did have a choice I decided to quit, so I did. I am right now looking for another job.. I'm gonna continue to work at Chickfila 2-3 nights a week and also find me another job that will very hopefully let me off by 2 ;] So we'll see....
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

It had got to where I dreaded going to work
    You did the right thing. There are better jobs, with better bosses out there, and you will find the right one for you.

Yea, I mean I just hated going and he was just so rude. I don't understand why he was so ugly-he had always been a very nice person when ever I was around him (which wasn't often) but my mom use to babysit his kid for him years ago and when ever I saw him then he was always really nice. I don't want any of you to think that I just gave up on it and I'm not trying because I really am and I really wanna work-I don't wanna sit around and not work. I just don't think that job was the right one for me cause I was so unhappy while I was there.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I'd report him to the board of health. While jobs are at a premium lately, working in a hostile environment is so stressful. I know, I worked for lawyers for 12 years and I now work in retail. Talk about stress. You did the right thing. I'd apply for unemployment benefits and tell them about the hostile environment. It's worth a try and you're gonna need money to get by.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Genny, I'm glad you did what you had to and quit. You did what was right for you and that's all that mattered. I do hope the other employees he's so rude to up and leave as well, if he's that rude then he needs a taste of his own medicine (No pun intended ). It's certainly not easy to get a job you absolutely hate, trust me I know. My first job was the worst and I was so unhappy with it, my bosses were so rude and I lasted there for about 3 months for the summer. It is only a seasonal job at an amusement park but I was just so sick of the rude guests and bosses. I have since found something better, much better and I hope you're able to do the same. I wouldn't have stuck at the job longer then 3 weeks either, so kudos to you for giving it a try! I promise you'll eventually find something much better. Don't ever settle for less when you know you deserve to be treated better, I didn't and I found a great job.

Like Moosmom stated, try to apply for upemployment - you will probably be able to get it. Granted, I'm not stating getting a job will be a cakewalk but I'm sure you'll eventually find one. Jobs for younger people are pretty limited, but either way much luck to you! Please keep us upated on the situation!

What happened to putting in an application at Goodyear?

At least a job there would have a touch more of a future than anything in retail.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I agree with what you did....you do not have to put up with abuse....and it would have gotten worse.....Also, I agree with Moosmom about reporting him to the state, not only about the abuse, but also because he had a dog in the pharmacy. I love, love, love dogs, and I would love to have one with me at work, but I don't know if they belong in a pharmacy where pills are dispensed. There are some things, like water and I'm sure other things, that probably need to remain sterile....can you imagine opening your medicine bottle and a big dog hair pours out?
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

It might vary state to state, but I wouldn't think 3 weeks on a job qualifies you for unemployment.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    It might vary state to state, but I wouldn't think 3 weeks on a job qualifies you for unemployment.
    I concur with this most definitely. Besides that - she quit!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I concur with this most definitely. Besides that - she quit!
    When you quit, you generally forfeit your unemployment privileges.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks all of you for being so supportive with me about this. I didn't know how some of you would take it and I didn't wany anyone to look down on me because I quit the job. I don't want to get anybody into trouble-even though I do feel sorry for the girls working there; especially one of them. I'm just glad I'm not working there anymore. I'm going this week to search around for something.

Also someone asked about the GoodYear application. I put one in they just haven't called me...so I don't know if they're going to or not, but until they do (if they ever do) I'm just gonna keep working and find another job till then...

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner View Post
    I agree with what you did....you do not have to put up with abuse....and it would have gotten worse.....Also, I agree with Moosmom about reporting him to the state, not only about the abuse, but also because he had a dog in the pharmacy. I love, love, love dogs, and I would love to have one with me at work, but I don't know if they belong in a pharmacy where pills are dispensed. There are some things, like water and I'm sure other things, that probably need to remain sterile....can you imagine opening your medicine bottle and a big dog hair pours out?

I know what you mean!! That would be gross! And like you said I LOVE dogs too! But it is kinda gross coming home and having your jacket on and looking down to see big white hairs of someone else's dog! lol

Once while I was working there a woman from the health department came in. He about flipped trying to get his dog out of there-he couldn't get it outside to his truck w/out her seeing, so he stuck it in a back closet...and oddly she didn't ever look in the closet-I thought surely the dog was gonna bark or something where she would hear it, but nope...it didn't and she never knew the dog was in the pharmacy

Call the health board and tell them to look in the closet next time! Obviously that guy knows having his dog there is against the law...and there is a reason for the law.

Heck - can't she see all the dog hair?

Good for you, Genny - you stretched yourself and tried a different job, and you did what is right for yourself and are going to try another. Good on ya!

But really - if there is some way to report the health concern AND the hostile environment, you will be helping many more other people than yourself. This includes your former boss. He may need medical and/or psych help, and won't do it until he HAS to.

HUGS to you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    You did the right thing. There are better jobs, with better bosses out there, and you will find the right one for you.

I agree with Grace. You will find another job & hopefully a more
    normal work enviorment.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Genny I don't think the others were looking down on you, I think they were just saying you basically got rid of your unemployment perks from the government. But if anyone truly does they apparently don't know how bad going to a job you hate can be.