Thread: Today is the day!

Today is the day!

One year ago my husband left on a remote tour to Honduras for his job in the Air Force. I didn't talk about it much because it is a public page and it just felt odd to put out there that I have been living alone with my two kiddos! Right now he is at the airport in Honduras waiting on the first of three flights that are bringing him home to us!!!! It has been a LONG year and I am so ready to have my family back together again Please wish him safe and speedy travels! If all goes according to plan he will be getting home tonight!! In less than 2 weeks the movers are coming to pack up our house and in less than a month we will be in Germany where we get to live for the next few years!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you what a wonderful homecoming it will be. I didn't realize your hubby was in the Air Force I knew he was military, my daughter is trying to go to the AF academy so I may be an AF mom

Germany will be fun it is beautiful there. It must be hard being a mom alone with two boys I am glad you will be together.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

So happy for you!

WOW! You guys haven't seen each other for a whole year? That's amazing - you are both very strong and dedicated people. I know this will be a joyous and wonderful homecoming. Just in time for Valentine's Day!!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Many Congrats on Hubby coming home.. Many More Congrats on your trip to Germany.. Say Guten Tag for me.. Frankfurt my Birth Town..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We got to see each other on a couple of occasions and we talked on Skype multiple times a day so it wasn't like we were cut off from each other.
    The AF is a great way to go I know of a couple people that I went to high school with who went to the academy. From what I have heard it is hard work but totally worth it.
    I will pass along a Guten Tag for you
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Wow, that is a long time to be apart; you must be ecstatic to have him home again!! Yes, prayers for a safe journey!

And, as someone noted, just in time for Valentine's day!

Will Boomer & Sooner be going with you to Germany? My granddaughter spent a year there studying and she LOVED it.

Happy Homecoming to all!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

WOW. I bet he can hardly wait to get on that plane! Excited for you!

If we don't hear from you for several days, we'll know why.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh Melissa, that's wonderful!!!! I hope you have a "ahem" special homecoming planned for him.*wink wink, nod, nod*

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

What a reunion that's going to be! Everyone must be so excited! Good for you!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

He flew from Honduras to Houston and then to Dallas and is now waiting to fly home to us!! He'll be here in less than 2 hours! This week we will be doing a lot of family things and then next weekend our kiddos are spending the night with some friends of ours
    Oh yes the kitties will be going with us. They are already booked on our flights with us

Happy homecoming and a Happy Valentine's Day!! Safe travels to Germany!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Woohoo! I bet you are just walking on air right now. Go get your husband and strangle him with a huge hug!

Right in time for Valentine's Day too!

He's home safely His bags have vanished off the face of the earth though They looked it up with his baggage claim ticket and came up with NOTHING.... They took a physical description and will call us if they turn up Oh well. The only thing that is not replaceable is him

Yes, the most important 'package' to get there made it! WOOHOO!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda