Thread: Mr. Chunky Monkey...

Mr. Chunky Monkey...

well.. today I took Roger to get dewormed.. (reinforcement).. and he weighted a whooping 2kg... lil fatso.. haha.. he just turned 5 months and itīs getting fluffier.. at least the tail is getting feathery hehe..

I do have pics.. just havenīt uploaded them.. but will do...

other than that.. heīs doing fine.. clean bill of health
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

2 kg

Hey Husky Mom,

What breed is Roger? I don't remember hearing about him. Remember we are not so worldly here in the US. If I remember correctly, 2 KG is just about 4-1/2 pounds??? Post pics!!!

Roger is your pom, right?

If bobsmom is right on the conversion, Roger and Lily are about the same size .

Lily hasn't gotten that fluffy and I don't know why. She gets super fluffy after her baths, but then her hair just kind of falls flat. I guess she needs to be trimmed, but I don't think she would like that very much LOL.

I want those pictures, SOON
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

.. I thought about converting it.. but just got lazy..lol.. yeah it would be about 4lbs..

I donīt think Queeq weighted that much full grown.. lol.. although Roger is still very tiny.. probably less than 8 inches tall..

and if you say Lily isnīt fluffy.. then Roger is bald.. haha.. he was like a husky kinda length fur.. he is getting a lil longer hairs on the tail so itīs not that ratty as he had when I got him..lol..

Iīll try get them uploaded soon.. very soon as I canīt take any more as the memory is full.. so I HAVE to do it.. hehe

in the meantime.. and for those missing who Roger is.. here he is ..oldie pic.. around dec.. and when I post recent ones youīll definately see a fur difference

Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

He's a cutie! Glad to know he's growing every day!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    New Pom pics are a must!!! Can't wait to see the latest.

Myndi is more silky than Pom fluffy. I've noticed that most of the black ones are that way, for some reason. And she's not the itty-bitty Pom either - she goes about 10 lbs. Not an ounce of fat on her - just on the bigger side all over. I think in order to show, they have to go between 4 and 7 pounds - so she's a big girl in comparison to that.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 02-12-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    New Pom pics are a must!!! Can't wait to see the latest.

Myndi is more silky than Pom fluffy. I've noticed that most of the black ones are that way, for some reason. And she's not the itty-bitty Pom either - she goes about 10 lbs. Not an ounce of fat on her - just on the bigger side all over. I think in order to show, they have to go between 4 and 7 pounds - so she's a big girl in comparison to that.
    So it's normal then for them to not be like the coarse-ish dense coat all over? Lily has the undercoat that's like that, but her top coat is more silky-ish like you said, haha. Maybe it is a black Pom thing.

OMG, Isabel, he is too cute. I like the puppy uglies stage... There was one poor Pom somewhere online that got bald spots when he went through the puppy uglies, it was hilarious LOL. In that pic, Roger looks like he was going through the puppy uglies just a bit . Can't wait to see the new pics. I have a soft spot for black and tans hehehe.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13 View Post
    So it's normal then for them to not be like the coarse-ish dense coat all over? Lily has the undercoat that's like that, but her top coat is more silky-ish like you said, haha. Maybe it is a black Pom thing.
    That's the way Myndi is. She has the fuzzy undercoat but silkier on top - especially from her shoulders back to her tail. She has the coarser coat around her neck and chest (reminds me of a lion's ruff), and around her haunches and her butt. She may not have the "perfect Pom" coat, but she's perfect in my eyes!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    That's the way Myndi is. She has the fuzzy undercoat but silkier on top - especially from her shoulders back to her tail. She has the coarser coat around her neck and chest (reminds me of a lion's ruff), and around her haunches and her butt. She may not have the "perfect Pom" coat, but she's perfect in my eyes!
    Okay, that sounds like the way Lily's hair is too. I've always been really confused as to why everyone else has super fluffy Poms and then Lily's hair was different. It's good to know I'm not alone, hehe. I don't mind that Lily has silkier hair either; I honestly think it might be easier to brush with the silkier hair. Btw, Myndi is a pretty girl
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

10. I think the less hairy coat like that is more common in the black an tan Poms. as ive seen a couple other black an tan Pom puppies with exactly the same type of coat. when they get older they go more to a silk type of coat.

i think thats more of a blessing as its less hair to wash an brush an theyre still just as cute as the more hairier coated Poms.