Thread: Loving Special Needs Cat (Regent Sq) - Cat Needs a Home by Saturday

Loving Special Needs Cat (Regent Sq) - Cat Needs a Home by Saturday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can help transport if we can get him a temp. home. I hate to see him go to a shelter because he's older and attention issues, he may get put down.

Please if anyone can take him in I'll help transport.
    Melissa

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pet/1607657204.html

[email protected]

I have a cat that is sort of a special needs cat that needs a temporary home. We rescued him a couple years ago and haven't been able to take him to the vet. He has tags and he's healthy. He does have attention issues, is good around small dogs not other cats. He's about 10 y/o, litter trained and we'd supply the food, litter and etc. This will be a temporary arrangement until we can move. My cat isn't fixed and he does spray. When he has no food and or water he will bite but, not meant to harm. He's a very loving cat and means a lot to us. Please respond to this ad asap. On Saturday he'll be going to the Humane Society in Point Breeze and we don't want that. Serious inquiries only!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 02-19-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Why do these people wait until now to look for a temporary home for this cat by Saturday?

"He's a very loving cat and means a lot to us." Yeah, right. He's 10 years old, NOT fixed, and he does spray (gee, no kidding?). REALLY responsible owners here.

I really hope someone can rescue this guy from going to the Humane Society (and then just somehow "lose" him, i.e., keep him or find him a new home rather than give him back to these bozos).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Why do these people wait until now to look for a temporary home for this cat by Saturday?

"He's a very loving cat and means a lot to us." Yeah, right. He's 10 years old, NOT fixed, and he does spray (gee, no kidding?). REALLY responsible owners here.

I really hope someone can rescue this guy from going to the Humane Society (and then just somehow "lose" him, i.e., keep him or find him a new home rather than give him back to these bozos).
    I agree. I haven't had any luck yet but I did e-mail them and they've never replied by yet they wanted a home by Saturday so you would think that they would be checking their e-mails.

This is an e-mail I sent to them:

Did you find someone to take you cat yet? Won't your family help you out if it's just temporary? I can't take in another cat sorry but I did post this on a cat website hoping someone will see it and can help out. Why can't he stay with you till you move? Is the shelter you are planning on taking him to a kill shelter? I would find that out before you take him there because considering his age and his problems he will be the first to be euthanized even if they tell you they won't do it.

And the fact that hes not good around Other Cats isnt going to help as well as the fact that he sprays.
    We are praying for this Poor Cat that he finds a better home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

They've had him for a couple of years and yet they haven't had him to see a vet??? Who knows what else is going on. He may have diseases that they don't know about. He's spraying and he doesn't get along w/other cats b/c he hasn't been fixed and even after he is fixed, it's probably going to take a long time and medication before he stops spraying. Good luck trying to place this one. If these irresponsible people had done right by him from the beginning, they more than likely wouldn't have these problems. The fact that they haven't answered your email is very telling. They're probably already taken him to the HS, poor guy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I wish i could actually DO something to help this guy. He has NOT ever done anything to deserve this.

All I can do is send my prayers and good wishes and hopes and love, and light another candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10261027

To those alleged-humans that are doing this to him: remember this, what goes around comes around... we can hope..

(That's my religion: No specific creed or deity settled on, but I believe, or at least WANT to believe and HOPE I'm right, that some day on some plane of existence it ALL gets worked out by whatever the powers are, that there is ultimately good working in it all.)

More love to this sweet boy.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery