Thread: Collar madness

Arrow Collar madness

Ok so mojo has been having problems with collars...well this is what happens when i put them on he runs and screams and drags himself on the floor like he wants it off...so today i went and bought a harness and i thought it would change since it was fully around his neck..he is still doing the same thing but not as bad....but the first collar that i did get him he did have an allergic reaction to it but the harness is leather...any ideas will help

sorry I can´t be of more help.. I´m having the same issue with Roger... lol..

he drags himself on the floor in a useless way trying to get it off.. I even got a small vid.. which I should upload soon.. lol

my advice would be keep doing it.. they´ll give up sooner or later and realize it´s not coming off and just ignore it and learn to live with it.. few sessions with it on and time should work..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Perhaps if a previous collar caused an allergic reaction and resulting discomfort, he has learnt to associate them with that. Some dogs cen be really sensitive to such things and don't forget.

As mine are clicker trained, if there was anything that made them anxious, I would desensitize them to it by clicking and treating any tolerant behaviour towards the collar whilst not actually on them yet and would gradually work towards just hanging the undone collar over the top of their neck and then to fastening it loose for a minute or two before taking back off and gradually working up...always being sure to keep within the dogs threshold. The rewards help the dogs anxiety over the collar to diminish and the click is what marks the tolerant behaviour so there is no doubt in the dogs mind what is being rewarded.
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk