Thread: **adopted**!

**adopted**!

This is urgent and I am crossposting from Dog Rescue. Karen, if this is not appropriate, please delete.

Hi all. There is a Border Collie at Cookeville/Putnam County Animal Shelter in
    Cookeville, TN.

His time is running out, and we are trying to find a Border Collie rescue to take him. However... this shelter is not rescue friendly and will not work with anyone who mentions that word. Is there anyone who would be able to "adopt" Garner and hold him for a rescue? All fees would be reimbursed.

There was a red BC and two puppies at this shelter. The red BC was adopted, and the puppies are no longer listed (never a good sign). Poor Garner was left behind because he is a black BC, and not flashy enough like the red BC.

The shelter is open 12-4pm Monday to Saturday.

Please let me know here or by email - [email protected].

Garner - http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=15621493

Garner is a one and half to two year old Border Collie. He is a sweet, sweet boy. He loves to run and play. He loves getting attention. He gets along great with the other dogs in his pen. We have never tried him with cats but he should do fine. He is a precious boy who deserves a forever home. Come meet Garner today!

Cookeville/Putnam County Animal Shelter

Cookeville, TN
    931-526-3647
    [email protected]
    Last edited by BC_MoM; 02-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I would love to take him in,The distance is quiet far though,I hope someone comes through,I hate to see any animal in the positon this poor guy is in.

We have a rescue that MIGHT be able to take him, but that's just the beginning. We still need someone to "adopt" him and hold him if the rescue can take him and arrange transport.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I am 30 minutes from Cookeville. But I don't know that I have a place to keep him. I am very cat full. What kind of accomodations would he need and do yo have any idea how long it would be for? I could ask around to see if I have a friend that could foster if it wouldn't be for very long.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

It really is a shame im so far away,I have 2 friends looking for a Border Collie.And he would have a fantastic home.Please keep me updated and let me know how the little guy makes out?

Garner was adopted 2 days ago. They just hadn't changed the Petfinder page. I was going to try to adopt him and get him to the rescue.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

7. ^ glad to hear it

Yes, sorry for not updating. I somehow managed to block PT from my computer. Spent days trying to figure out why I couldn't get on until Dad fixed it. LOL

Thank you so much for offering to help, MO!