Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Marbles!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!

Welcome Marbles!

OK y'all do know I've been kitty hunting. I had spotted a beautiful golden Maine Coon mix girl and was going to meet her today, however Wednesday night I decided on the way home to stop by San Francisco's Animal Control Shelter to see if they had any cats I might be interested in. They had many cats, but only two grabbed my attention. One was a little grey boy kitten named Buster who kept petting my face and around the corner from him was Marbles, a fluffy tortie kitten. Marbles stole my heart, but it was late, I was tired and not prepared to take a kitty home that night.

The next day I couldn't stop thinking about her; Friday night I had to stop by the shelter to see if she was still there; she was. I had also been talking to Beau's meowmie about meeting her on Saturday.

This morning Beau's meowmie called me all frantic; Beau was no where to be found, but she said she had other nice cats at the adoption fair, so I went. I went, I saw, I turned around and went to Animal Care & Control and .... I adopted Marbles.

She's 6-7 months old, long haired, FLOOFY tailed, tortie girl. I forget whose cat here on PT had the tail named Clubber; We're going to have to name Marbles' tail too. Here are a few, not very good pics:

She's a purry lapcat! We're having fun getting to know each other. Now if only she would potty!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Congrats!!!! I'm so thrilled and excited for you. Marbles is gorgeous and I know that you'll have so much fun together. I'm sure that Mitzi had a lot to do with you two meeting each other.

I think that Rocky,one of Jazzcat's Maine Coon mixes, has the tail named clubber. I guess that my Ziggy now has some female competition in this area.LOL I'm sure that she'll go potty soon so try not to worry too much. Now be sure to keep us all updated about her and we'll need to see many more pictures too.

Congrats - she is BEAUTIFUL! Give that sweet forehead kissies for me!

(I hope poor Beau turned up!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aaaawwww Marbles! Welcome to you- you are an adorable girl
    And I know you will go potty when you really feel at home (in the case of Tigris it took him 8 hrs to pee first time- and then it was a big big lake ).

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh my-my-my..............she is just gorgeous!

Wishes coming to you from snowbound DE, for a long and happy and healthy life together.

Give her a welcome kiss from me please.
    Last edited by pomtzu; 02-07-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm in love w/that face! She's adorable! Congrats on your new furbaby. What fun you'll have together!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Marbles is beautiful!!! Love her markings and her fluffy tail. Please give her some loving from me and my fur clan!

Amy

Beautiful markings, GORGEOUS TAIL! WOW! What a story, how she came to live with you. A purry lapcat, great! Enjoy.

Beau never came out of hiding so I didn't get a chance to meet her. I have a feeling Mitzi and Ceiling Cat had something to do with that.

We spent the evening watching TV with Marbles purring and kneading in my lap.

We've just had a morning zoom session - it's been a LONG time since I've had kitty zoomies in my house - so much fun! She's discovered the toy basket and seems to like balls the best. I now have a ping-pong ball somewhere under my bed ....I'm sure it's not the last one

And, yes, she finally pottied, although not in the litterbox I wanted her to. I was planning on getting rid of the HUGE corner thing I'd gotten when I had both Mishi and Mitzi, but now Marbles seems to like that one better. *sigh* She's training me already - the little minx!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Oh what wonderful news - and just look at that face - Marbles needs lots of kisses on that nose and those beautiful (innocent) eyes.

I am happy for both of you - and may Marbles bring you much joy and live a long and happy life!!

WOW!!!! She is just gorgeous!!! Her beautiful tail reminds me so much of Giz's.. Giz like to swipe you in the face with it whenever she can.. I wonder if you will be getting face swipes with that gorgeous tail of Marbles? It sounds like a perfect match for both of you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We have the feeling that Mitzi helped you choose taht Fluffy Little Tortie!
    That a Golden Maine Coon would soon find a home, but a Tortie might not so easily be chosen.
    Shes a stunning Cat and I know both Pouncer and Karina are quite happy as well!!!
    You certainly have a Great New Friend there!
    Con Cat Ualtions from the Found Cats , Porch Cats and Awesome Angels.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Oh what wonderful news - and just look at that face - Marbles needs lots of kisses on that nose and those beautiful (innocent) eyes.

I am happy for both of you - and may Marbles bring you much joy and live a long and happy life!!
    Don't let those eyes fool you ... she's a spunky little beast

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

It warms my heart to read how you were able to help Marbles and hopefully in return, she'll be able to help you heal. Keep the wonderful photos and stories coming. They help all of us.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Sometimes nothing helps us heal as much as another little soul who desperately needs a home. Yes, I do believe Mitzi set the whole thing up! Enjoy you little tortie girl!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!