Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Has Job!

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    If you find any out of work builders over there mate....send em over....LOLOL.
    Wom
    Oh boy, you could have your pick here. New construction is dead. A couple of years ago I had a new staircase built in my home and the builder did it as a favor b/c a mutual friend asked him to. He was so busy w/new construction that he finished it in a day and a half. Shortly thereafter the bottom fell out of the new construction business and he became so depressed that he won't even get out of bed. People have stopped improvements on their homes, too, b/c money is so tight; anything that isn't essential has to wait. People are just walking away from their homes b/c they can't keep up w/the mortgage payments (not a good idea but there it is), they're even setting fire to them to try to get insurance money (another really bad idea) and now the latest is that they're setting fire to their cars for the same reason. It has to turn around soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh boy, you could have your pick here. New construction is dead. A couple of years ago I had a new staircase built in my home and the builder did it as a favor b/c a mutual friend asked him to. He was so busy w/new construction that he finished it in a day and a half. Shortly thereafter the bottom fell out of the new construction business and he became so depressed that he won't even get out of bed. People have stopped improvements on their homes, too, b/c money is so tight; anything that isn't essential has to wait. People are just walking away from their homes b/c they can't keep up w/the mortgage payments (not a good idea but there it is), they're even setting fire to them to try to get insurance money (another really bad idea) and now the latest is that they're setting fire to their cars for the same reason. It has to turn around soon.
    Well I certainly hope it does turn around soon for you all....sounds terrible.
    But from my experience, these economy issues seem to run in cycles, so I'm hoping things will reverse themselves soon for you all. Sounds a bit too late for some of the poor buggers tho....eh ????
    Wom

blue, I do not blame you for not doing the 120 mile drive.

I'm still very happy to hear that you've got the job!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

That's great, Blue. Congratulations! Clearly you're just the person they need!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations Blue! I hope everytthing works out really well for you!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

congrats!!!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)