Thread: Our Christmas

Our Christmas

Hello all,
    Well Christmas is over for us. M left at 4 pm to go back to NJ. M is the oldest, he will be 32 in March, can't believe I have a son that old.
    As soon as M hit the road I hit the bed and took a two hour nap, just woke up and will now watch some movies with hubby and A our daughter.
    M arrived Wed night around 8 pm.
    Thursday was my day off so A, M and I ran around doing errands, I needed an e check and new license so we did that, did a bit of Christmas shopping for a friend of his and just ran here and there and every where.
    One interesting place we went is the the Christmas Story House.
    Has everyone seen Christmas Story?? You will shot your eye out kid, and of course the best part the leg lamp. Well we drove there to get the leg lamp. A bought it for Steve. It was so incredibly funny. So funny. The house is about 35 minutes away in a bad part of Cleveland (there are no really good parts in the city). The house is there and you can tour it for $8.00, there is also a museum and a store that sells everything they can think of such as pencils, games, key chains, chocolate, t-shirts, blankets having to do with the movie, including LOL Ralphie's pink bunny suit PJ's. The lamp comes in 4 sizes and A bought the second biggest, it is in the family room looking incredibly funny.
    We also had lunch that day M's treat. We run errands and shopped until almost 9. We also bought A's gift. She got her new lap top. Thursday M and I got to Best Buy at 6 pm, Steve came at 7 from work and A came at 7:30 from school. We picked out her lap top and split the cost three ways. She is so happy and it is a nice computer which she will use for school and of course playing the Sims.
    I had made stuffed peppers the night before so dinner was pretty much done, we ate and then opened gifts.
    Friday I had to work till noon, then I ran to the store (again) to pick up a Lemon Pie, ran home, baked an apple pie, cleaned house, started the homemade lasagna and got ready for Mike's three wonderful friends to come over and celebrate Christmas with us. Manda, Shelley and Brian have been friends of M's for many years, since junior high and they are adults, all in their 30's I just call them kids.
    We ate dinner together and then opened gifts and they played a game till about one in the morning.
    Today we all slept in, M got a haircut, we went to Gales Garden Center so I can start my flower and veggie seeds tomorrow ( it is my graandmother's birthday, she died in concentration camp, I honor her this way) and then Steve treated us to lunch at Panara, then M left.
    We all had a great time.
    I recieved a Garman from M which I had asked for.
    Steve got the leg lamp, A her computer.
    M's friends and my friends also gave me great gifts.
    We had such a wonderful time.
    I don't have any pictures to share however as Steve and A's camara had dead batteries . M took some on his cell phone.
    For my birthday I am buying my own camara, just something simple to take memories with.
    I can't believe I am going to be 51 .
    Still life is good.
    Any suggestions on a camara for a complete novice?

Try out a brownie box camera first Monica.
    They are really easy to use.
    If you can't find one in an antique shop, try the museum, they may have one for you.....hee hee

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Am I missing something in this thread? Why a rambling post about Christmas, since Christmas was over and done with more than a month ago???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Am I missing something in this thread? Why a rambling post about Christmas, since Christmas was over and done with more than a month ago???
    Monica's family celebrates their Christmas later b/c that's when they all are able to get together.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Monica's family celebrates their Christmas later b/c that's when they all are able to get together.
    That is very true.......Monica did that a few years ago I remember to.

Yes my son M is in the military so he comes home when he can. I have had Christmas in March. There was no way I would not have a tradional holdiay for my son when he was in the Middle East fighting for us. Even though he is state side now I feel he derserves an old-fashioned holiday with all the trimmings. In fact both boys served but I was blessed because one was able to be home if not the other. The longest I ever went without seeing M was 18 months durning the Gulf War and it was way too long.

Wom what is a brownie I am too young to remember that
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    Try out a brownie box camera first Monica.
    They are really easy to use.
    If you can't find one in an antique shop, try the museum, they may have one for you.....hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    Wom what is a brownie I am too young to remember that
    Saying stuff like that Monica will make your nose grow longer....heheheheheeeee