Thread: My Beagle Goldberg :(

My Beagle Goldberg :(

Goldberg was an old Beagle. He was the best dog in the world. He went on to the Rainbow Bridge three years ago, in December before christmas. He was very much loved. I'll never forget the sweet face on him. He was eight years old when he went on to the Rainbow Bridge.

I'll never forget you Goldberg, baby! I you always and forever although you went on.

Rest in peace, Goldberg, you were loved.
    I've Been Frosted

Here is a song i wrote just for you, Goldberg! i wish you could hear it.

For Goldberg, i write this song:Every night, i miss you, my Goldberg, although you are gone, your never gonna die in my heart, i cry alot cause i miss you, from time on, to time on, as a type this song, my heart is holding you, and im crying, crying. crying for you.... Every day i look for you, even though i know your not on the back porch anymore! I sometimes feel like your there, there, there, there. There by my side, saying to me I love you i love you i love you forever. Sometimes i feel like your there running into me, rubbing on me, wanting me to pet you.... I'll never forget you, forget you, forget you!!! Just because you passed on, doesn't mean i don't love you any longer! And as i write this song, i am crying, crying, crying! Almost into full tears, and as i write this song. my heart is being cut in two... because i still love you. My heart is being cut into, crying for you!
    Every night i miss you, my Goldberg, although you are gone.

Rest in Peace Goldberg. You're greatly missed here.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Aww so sorry for your loss. He may be gone but never forgotten. I know how difficult it is. I miss my labbie girl that went to the bridge in September.

Kinda got my feelings hurt :(

No one is posting.....It's really hurting my feelings that no one else cares enough to post.
    Last edited by Smarties; 02-27-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    I love you and i miss you RB Goldberg. you may be gone from the world, but you'll never be gone from my heart. i wish you could come back, but you are better now. Rest in heavenly peace. i forever miss and love you. i hope "one fine day" we can reunite and be best friends again.
    I forever hold you in my arms,
    I have your name engraved in my heart,
    I know that you may be gone,
    But i loved you right from the start.

Urm, I'm sorry but I doubt it's the case of 'too lazy'. Not everyone sees these posts, and not everyone has a chance to reply. We all do have lives outside of Pet talk. The most 'popular' memorial threads as such are generally those of pets who are seen a lot on PT, or have members who have been on pet talk for a long time. It's not like anyone isn't posting to be disrespectful. Many people just lurk on the forums anyway- which means reading the threads and not posting that much.

Anyway, back to the original topic.... RIP Goldberg- play hard at the RB.
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It's not really fair or appropriate to say that PTers are lazy and disrespectful, just because you didn't get dozens and dozens of posts in reply. As Whisk said, you generally see this of people who have been here a long time, or their pets are very well known, and folks have been reading about them for a long time.

Everyone was a "newbie" here at one time, and didn't get a lot of responses to what they said at first, but with a little time, they fit right in and became one of the family. I would venture a guess that since you hardly ever post and people don't know you - that is why you aren't getting many responses.

That being said - I too am sorry that you lost Goldberg. He must have been very special to you.

RIP Goldberg.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's not really fair or appropriate to say that PTers are lazy and disrespectful, just because you didn't get dozens and dozens of posts in reply. As Whisk said, you generally see this of people who have been here a long time, or their pets are very well known, and folks have been reading about them for a long time.

Everyone was a "newbie" here at one time, and didn't get a lot of responses to what they said at first, but with a little time, they fit right in and became one of the family. I would venture a guess that since you hardly ever post and people don't know you - that is why you aren't getting many responses.

That being said - I too am sorry that you lost Goldberg. He must have been very special to you.

RIP Goldberg.
    How can you delete a post? i wanna know.... and i'm upset about him!
    I loved him very much... and i want people to post. My friends post. It'ds just that........ I know, i know... i'm living in the past, not the present but... my love for him was unimaginable!!!!

I guess i wish you all the best, but please, if you're veiwing this thread, leave me a message!
    Last edited by Smarties; 02-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    I love you and i miss you RB Goldberg. you may be gone from the world, but you'll never be gone from my heart. i wish you could come back, but you are better now. Rest in heavenly peace. i forever miss and love you. i hope "one fine day" we can reunite and be best friends again.

-A Valentine from your Pet-

Here's a candy along with a kiss,
    this Valentine's day I was sure not to miss.

The candy, hearts and perhaps a bone,
    each year with my friend that's all I have known.

The hugs and love that you and I shared,
    this day without me you alone have beared.

I am your valentine that lights up the sky,
    the butterfly in the heavens learning to fly.

I wear a red ribbon on my collar I adore,
    makes me feel comfort and feel you once more.

This ribbon I treasure and have from the start,
    it bears your picture & smile in my heart

So always be happy and know I am fine,
    I wear a ribbon that holds my valentine.

My valentine's love will never cease to be,
    just like our bond until eternity.

So here is your Valentine I said from the start,
    a picture of you I have engraved in my heart.

-L.Bach-
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

RIP goldberg...smartie don't get your feelings hurt sometimes its hard to find words for some people especially when they don't know you well. Hang around and you will see how nice everyone is here.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Sorry guys, i'm just missing Goldberg.

I'm sorry for not being nice... it's just... I don't think there are words for how much i miss Goldberg......

*Singing*
    I only think of you and i'l try to cross the red ocean
    i'll need a little time...
    I don't know how much time i need...

My dreams sometimes feel so far away..
    and i feel like i am lost...
    there and angels all around me...
    they give me faith and hope that it's allright...
    and i have to fly right now..
    To the sky...
    I keep calling you!
    but there's no answer from you..
    I'm just here by myself..
    anf all these years are falling down!!!
    I only think of you and i'll try to cross the red ocean....
    I need a little time..
    I don't know how much time i need..
    It is a mircacle that we can make a goal in this world...
    I don't know how far 'tis to get there
    but we know we're always helping..
    and it's not hard to make a dream.. together!

Don't worry about the lack of many posts. I am from the cat side of things here and don't often come over to the dog section. That being said, I know how you feel. My precious Kitty was killed by the neighbor's dog about 2 years ago. I still miss her so very much and tear up often when I think of her. She was a little muff on legs, she was soo fluffy and sweet. She never hurt anyone, but that dog grabbed and mauled her to death. It still hurts so much! I really hated dogs for a long time after that, but I am now remembering all the great dogs that I have had and can now feel some love for dogs. Hang in there, you will see Goldberg again and you will have wonderful adventures together forever and ever!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks katlaydid, i feel much better

Blog Entries
    Smarties, I know how you feel about your beloved Goldberg. Three years ago my Australian Shepherd Bobbi passed away. He was my shadow ever present & a sweetheart. I knew he was a once in a life time dog & he will always be my soulmate dog. Just like your Goldberg was to you.