Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Former Cat Cirrus aka Flint Has Passed On

Unhappy My Former Cat Cirrus aka Flint Has Passed On

The other day I sent an e-mail to Cirrus's new owner to ask how he's doing. When it took a while to receive a reply, I knew that something was probably wrong and I was right. I guess she thought that she had already informed me but she hadn't. He passed away suddenly about 1 year ago. This is what she had to say:

Hi, Tracey....I'm so sorry that I didn't email you sooner...I thought I had....Flint died about a year ago...I'll attach the note I sent to the network

Flint died this fall....he seemed a little quiet for a few days, then developed some upper respiratory symptoms...fortunately I have a vet who makes house calls, so we put him on antibiotics right away, but he died that night...very peacefully...we don't know why or what, but he was younger than the other 3 which makes it a little mysterious...no one else in the house was sick, so still a mystery.

My vet thought because his illness came on so suddenly it might be FIP but not sure...another possibility was a tumor, but again he went downhill so fast it wasn't clear.

Flint really had a very happy life here....he was somewhat a loner but had no disagreements with theothers..he really enjoyed being in the outdoor enclosure. I think I sent all the pictures I had of him, but will send what I can find again (in the next email!).

I'm so sorry about his loss and that I didn't get back to you....I do have his ashes here and if you wanted them, I could send to you. Otherwise, some friends are making a memorial plaque and are trying to design a place in my back yard for the ashes of all my departed kitties and he will join them.

Thanks for loving Flint and thinking about him. He was a lovely boy!!

Marjorie

I know that she provided him with a much better home than I ever could because he needed his own space that I just couldn't provide for him. He and Sunny were playmates and he loved my Sunny. He formed a strong bond with Sunny and when I have to eventually say goodbye to my Sunny they'll be together again.

Here are a few pictures that I took of him during his 2 year stay with me:

Here are a few older pictures that his new owner sent me. He loved being in the outdoor enclosure. I hope she'll be able to send me some more.

He was such a handsome big boy and I was sorry to have to rehome him but he wanted to become the alpha cat and Storm wouldn't let him. I found out that all of his other siblings were the same way. I'm glad that he could live his remaining time in a wonderful spacious home. I still love you Cirrus/Flint and I think about every day. Soon you'll be with my Sunny again. RIP sweet boy.

I'm very sorry to hear this Tracey. He was such a beautiful cat, and I'm glad you got such a great home for him to live out his life. I remember those pictures of him loving his outdoor enclosure.

Rest in peace gorgeous boy. A lot of people loved you.

Tracey,
    I am so shocked to hear this, as I know you must have been. I remember him well, and his alpha issues. May he be king of all alphas at the bridge.
    RIP, Cirrus.

Such a big handsome boy; I love the pix of him in the outdoor enclosure. It's obvious that he was happy and content so you can feel good about that, Tracey. RIP, Cirrus/Flint and peace to you, Tracey.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Such a handsome boy! I'm so sorry. What a sad surprise for you. My deepest sympathy to both you and Marjorie.

Rest in peace, Cirrus/Flint!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He was obviously very happy in his outdoor enclosure and you must take solace in that. RIP Cirrus - play well at the Bridge.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am sorry to learn about Cirrus.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I remember him well, how sad to hear this, RIP little furchild,my thoughts are with you at this sad time .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Sorry to hear of Cirrus passing away. He was such a beautiful boy.

May he rest in peace.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    KAK I'm so sorry to hear this and sad that it took so long for your to get the message.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I'm so sorry. It's been a very sad weekend.

Cirrus, I hope you've found a nice bench to stretch out on in a shady spot at the Bridge. RIP, handsome boy.

I'm so sorry to hear about Cirrus- but when listening to his new owner's mail you can hear that he was loved and in his pictures you can see that he enjoyed life.
    Poor boy Cirrus- and I am really worried about Rainbow Bridge being crowded. Too many of our kitties start that journey these days.

Rest in Peace handsome Cirrus.

From Decker with Love

Thanks everyone. I know he had a good life although it was a short one. I adopted him when he was about 8 months old or so in March 2003 I think so he would've only been 6 years old. It was just such a shock to me to know that he had passed even though I had a feeling before his new owner e-mailed me back.

Oh Tracey, I am sorry that you have had this sad news about Cirrus/Flint.
    It certainly wasn't what you were expecting.

Yes, there has been too much loss on Pet Talk lately - too hard to take.

Hugs to you!